Pete Tour - Explore Old Bengaluru on a Bicycle
One of a kind cycling tour through the old part of Bengaluru popularly known as Pete. The contemporary style of deep networks of crowded streets, richly represented the multicultural identity, social history, and economic geography.
- Cycling through the old city of Bangalore
- The area is considered as a hallmark in the planning and design of any urban agglomerate.
- A tour that takes you through the history of the Bangalore city.
- Visit colonial establishment, a scerene 100-acre central park.
- Taste the famous masala dosa at a legendary 90-year-old restaurant, Udupi Krishna Bhavan.
Bengaluru Pete is an area of Bangalore city which was established by Kempegowda I (c. 1510–1570) in 1537 with roads laid out in the cardinal directions, and entrance gates at the end of each road.
We will start our tour from the Cottonpete area, which is named after the famous cotton sarees manufactured here and worn by brides. We will then visit Tawakkal Mastan Dargah which is approx 200 years old and named after the Sufi saint who worked as a mason under Tipu Sultan/ Hyder Ali. Moving on, we will visit KR market where you will be amazed at the sheer amount of people who visit this place. Variety of flowers that you will see here will be a treat to your eyes. We will then take you through the calm and serene Cubbon park, one of the biggest parks in India.
You will get to know the reason for the creation of this park and you will virtually be transported to the British era where you will visualize Sir Mark Cubbon and other British officers riding on their horse through the beautiful streets of Bengaluru. You will also get a chance to visit the Cubbonpete area which still retains the old world charm and has a community house and saree making factory, which we will also explore. We will end our tour with Masala Dosa at a legendary 90-year-old restaurant Udupi Krishna Bhavan.
- Report at the Adinarayaswamy Temple at 6:15 am.
- After the briefing session, start the ride to the historical establishment of the city of Bangalore.
- Visit Tawakkal Mastan Dargah, KR market, and Cubbon Park.
- Breakfast at Udupi Krishna Bhavan & the tour ends.
- Cycles for the tour.
- Breakfast at the end of the tour.
- Service of an expert guide.
- Water bottles for every participant.
- Hot beverage.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
₹ 1750 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.