Cycling Tour to Eklinji Nagda Temples
Cycle through the Udaipur city to witness the lovely marble complex of Eklingji, made up of 108 temples built in A.D. 734. The atmosphere is wonderful during prayer times.
- Eklingji temple complex built during the A.D. 734.
- Ruins at Nagda, popularly known as the "Saas-Bahu" a 10th-century Vaishnavite twin temple.
- Morning bicycling through the countryside of Udaipur and drive back on the return journey.
After an early breakfast, leave the hotel to reach the starting point of our biking expedition to Eklingji temple built in A.D. 734 by Bappa Rawal, the legendary founder of the Sisodia clan, who ruled the Mewar kingdom for hundreds of years. Rebuilt in the 15th century, the complex has a wonderfully uplifting atmosphere, especially during the prayer times. Only 2-km from the complex lies Nagda temple better known as “Saas Bahu temple” which are ancient temple ruins of the 10th century. The temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu who is one of the principal god, the architecture of this temple is marvellous.
The terrain would be a mixture of up and downhill rides passing through many small villages where we will see great rural life, lush green agricultural lands and farmers doing their daily activities.
- All guests are required to report at the reporting point: Ganesh Ghati, Odwadia House, Udaipur by 8:30 am.
- After a quick briefing and introduction session, we will start our cycling tour of the Eklingji temple.
- We will be cycling 20 km one way (approximately) and this is expected to take about 1.5 to 2 hours.
- We will take a break on midway for refreshment.
- Post refreshment, we will continue our tour to Eklingji temple complex and Nagda (Saas Bahu temple) which are only 2 km apart.
- Our guide for the tour will share the legendary history of the temple and its place in the Mewar history.
- After spending time exploring the temple complex, we drive back to the starting point for our return journey.
- The tour ends when we reach back to Ganesh Ghati, Udaipur.
- Mountain bikes for the tour (Scott/Schwinn/Bianchi)
- One water bottle per person
- English speaking cycling guide
- Refreshments - Tea, coffee, cookies & fruits
- Support vehicle
- First aid kit
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.