Tiger Lake Hill View Trek
Take a morning hike to get the excellent and silent viewpoint to the Tiger Lake. Build in the 17th century by Maharana Raj Singh of Mewar, it expands to 3 square kilometres.
- Experience the hilltop views of Tiger Lake and Udaipur city.
- Walk through agricultural fields and get to know about the crops grown there.
- Interact with the locals in little settlements during the hike.
The Tiger Lake is a man-made lake built by Maharana Raj Singhji of Mewar in the 17th century. Situated at the north-western side of Sajjangarh in Udaipur, the lake has a capacity of about 400 million cubic ft of water. Spread over 3 sq km, Tiger Lake also famous as Bari Lake is an ideal spot for picnics.
It will take 20 minutes before we reach the starting point of the hike, a small village located in the northwest of Udaipur, locally known by the name “Morwania”. We will meet our local navigator who is also a local resident, he will guide us through the hike. We will walk through the agricultural fields and may see the farmers doing their daily work, nothing out of the world but not a unique site for us city dwellers either. We will stop for refreshment mid-way to the hike. Close to end we will have a 15 min moderate uphill climb, once we reach the top the view from there is incredible and we can see the villages we passed on our trail, later finish the trek at tiger lake and ride back to the hotel.
- All guests are required to report at the meeting point - Ganesh Ghati, Udaipur by 8:30 am.
- In 30 min ride to reach the starting point of the hike - Morwania village in Sajjangarh, Udaipur.
- Meet our local navigator who will accompany us for the hike. A total of 8 km distance will be covered walking.
- Begin the hike with the guide and local navigator.
- We will visit the houses of the of the people to understand their lifestyle in a better way.
- On our halfway mark on the hilltop, we will take a short break for refreshment before we begin a short 15 min moderately steep climb to the top of the hill.
- Views of the Tiger Lake from the top are just breathtaking.
- Later, we begin our walk back to Morwania village from where we will drive back to the starting point - Ganesh Ghati.
- English speaking guide
- One navigator
- One water bottle per person
- Refreshments - Tea, coffee and cookies
- Essential first aid
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.