Morning Hike To Monsoon Palace
Take a morning hike to the hilltop palatial residence in the city of Udaipur, the beautiful Monsoon Palace, built chiefly to watch the monsoon clouds overlooking the Fateh Sagar Lake.
- Panoramic view of the city's lakes, palaces and surrounding countryside.
- View local wildlife, birds and have a taste of Aravali mountain ranges.
- Experience the royal living and exquisite residence.
The Monsoon Palace, also known as the Sajjan Garh Palace, is a hilltop palatial residence in the city of Udaipur. Built in 1884, It is named after Maharana Sajjan Singh of the Mewar Dynasty. The palace offers a panoramic view of the lakes, palaces and the surrounding countryside. Previously owned by the royal family of Mewar, it is now under the control of the Forest Department and has recently been opened to the public.
Planned to be a five-storey astronomical centre, the palace never got completed as per the plan due to the untimely death of the Maharana. It was then turned into a monsoon palace and hunting lodge.
- All guests are required to report at the meeting point - Ganesh Ghati, Udaipur by 8:00 am.
- In 20 min ride to reach the starting point of the hike at the gates of Monsoon Palace, Udaipur.
- Meet our local navigator who will accompany us for the hike. A total of 5 km distance will be covered walking.
- Begin the hike with the guide and local navigator.
- We will be hiking through the forest conservation zone with great chances of spotting some beautiful birds.
- On our, we will take a short break for refreshment. We will find a spot ideal for photography as well.
- Later, we begin our walk to the other side of the Monsoon Palace, from where we will drive back to the starting point - Ganesh Ghati.
- English speaking guide
- One navigator the trip
- Monument entrance fees
- One water bottle per person
- Refreshment, tea, coffee and cookies
- Essential first aid
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- The activities we do require some fitness so whoever is doing it must be willing and have some sense of awareness about it
- Do not take pictures of the fellow natives or anybody without asking to do so
- Distance Covered: 4 km approx
- Should not throw litter in nature
- Child age restriction (till what age it is complimentary, from which the age the pricing will be applicable and the price)
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
₹ 1200 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.