Kanchipuram Silk Tour From Chennai
Take a tour of the establishments of the silk weavers and visit the ancient temples of Kanchipuram.
- See Kanchipuram attractions, starting from Chennai in a private cab.
- Visit the establishments of silk saree weavers of Kanchipuram and explore the process of saree making.
- Witness the traditional silk weaving process carried out over generations.
- Visit Ekambareswarar and Kailasanathar temple of Pallava dynasty built in 600 AD.
Kanchipuram is a city in the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu, it is located in the banks of Vegavathy river. Kanchipuram has good road and rail connectivity. Kanchipuram was once ruled by the Pallavas and is dotted with ancient Pallava architecture. Silk sarees are a cultural icon in South India. Ranging in length from 6-9 yards, these sarees are worn by women during auspicious occasions like a wedding or a birthday. There are more than 5000 families who are into the business of silk weaving. The sarees are weaved from pure mulberry silk thread.
- At 6:30 am, our tour guide will meet you at your hotel and pick you up.
- You will be heading towards Kanchipuram, located 75 km away.
- You will stop on the way for breakfast and reach our destination by 9 am.
- Silk weaving experience: Kanchipuram is renowned for its magnificent silk sarees.
- You will be visiting one such weaver, an expert in his craft of making silk sarees and it will be a memorable experience. A traditional loom is an incredible machine used by the silk weavers to magically convert the silk threads into a beautiful Kanchipuram silk saree.
- Any trip to Kanchipuram is incomplete without shopping for Silk Sarees. The sheer dazzle of an authentic Kanchipuram Silk Saree has a mesmerizing impact on people. So you will be visiting a saree shop too.
- Pallava temple architecture experience: Kanchipuram was the capital of the medieval South Indian kingdom of Pallavas. The Pallavas were instrumental in the transition from rock-cut architecture to stone temples.
- You will be visiting Ekambareswarar and Kailasanathar temple of Pallava dynasty to appreciate these architectural wonders built in 600 AD.
- At 4 pm the journey back to Chennai would take around 2-2.5 hrs. The tour ends after we drop you back to Chennai.
- Service of a professional guide.
- Any entrance charges to the monuments.
- Pick up and drop to hotel.
- All members are requested to carry one photo ID.
- All guests are requested to wear comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses/sunscreen, umbrella, hats or scarf and camera if interested in photography.
- Children of 0-2 years of age (accompanied by an adult) are allowed to join for free.
- Tour involves a moderate amount of walking.
- The guests are requested to bring the following during the tour - Water bottle, camera and its accessories to you enjoy photography, sunglasses, sunscreen and umbrella (in case of rainy season or summers).
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
₹ 4500 Per Person