Monsoon Trek To Harishchandragad
This monsoon, trek to Harishchandragad and explore the beauty of the hill fort. Let the majestic scenic beauties enchant you.
- A trek to a hill which looks over the Konkan region.
- Mesmerizing views of the surrounding regions on the way to the summit.
- Experienced and welcoming hosts.
The Harishchandragad fort is a hill fort which is located in the Ahmednagar district of Maharastra. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered here. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana, and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad. This hill fort has played a major role in the safekeeping of the surrounding region. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty. The Marathas captured this fort in 1747.
Konkan Kada is one of the biggest cliffs of the Sahyadri, fascinating many people from years together. Facing towards the Konkan side, the cliff looks down upon the Konkan with a breathtaking view of the surrounding region. Not only vertical, but it has an overhang, almost like a cobra’s hood.
- You are requested to report at Kasara railway station at 12:15 am and meet your host of the trek here.
- Start travelling towards the base village in a shared taxi and you are expected to reach by 3:30 am
- Take some rest and later freshen up and gear up for the trek.
- You will also have a light breakfast and tea.
- Have a brief introduction about the trek and start the trek towards Harischandra.
- Reach Kedareshwar temple and take a break for refreshments.
- Walk towards Konkankada and wait for the dawn and enjoy the glimpse of the surrounding and clouds.
- You can take the second round of breakfast and tea and spend some time on top.
- Start the descend towards Konkankada and reach Kedareshwar temple and take a visit to the caves as well.
- You are expected to reach the base village by 1:00 pm and take some rest followed by lunch.
- Take a local taxi back to Kasara railway station and you are expected to reach the station by 4:00 pm.
- You are free to move towards Mumbai or your destination.
- Transportation from base village to trekking point and back.
- Tea and refreshments.
- Delicious local cuisine lunch.
- Guide & expertise charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1300 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.