Monsoon Trek To Harishchandragad
This monsoon, trek to Harishchandragad and explore the beauty of the hill fort. Let the majestic scenic beauties enchant you.
- A trek to a hill which looks over the Konkan region.
- Mesmerizing views of the surrounding regions on the way to the summit.
- Experienced and welcoming hosts.
The Harishchandragad fort is a hill fort which is located in the Ahmednagar district of Maharastra. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered here. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana, and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad. This hill fort has played a major role in the safekeeping of the surrounding region. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty. The Marathas captured this fort in 1747.
Konkan Kada is one of the biggest cliffs of the Sahyadri, fascinating many people from years together. Facing towards the Konkan side, the cliff looks down upon the Konkan with a breathtaking view of the surrounding region. Not only vertical, but it has an overhang, almost like a cobra’s hood.
Day 1: Start from Mumbai.
- You will be onboarding Kasara fast local starting from, CST (Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus), Mumbai at 20.50 pm, where you will be meeting our hosts, you may also board the train in between stations.
- At 23:05 pm you will be reaching Kasara which would be the last meeting point.
- You will now be moving to base village Paachnai in a private vehicle, on the way halt at a dhaba (small local restaurant) for dinner.
Day 2: Reach base village - Trekking day.
- At 03:00 am you will be reaching the base village, you may sleep for a few hours.
- At 05:30 am you will have a wakeup call, you may freshen up and then have your breakfast.
- At 06.30 am after an introduction and a briefing, you will start your trek to Harishchandragarh.
- At 09.30 am you will reach Harishchandragad. You may now explore the scenic location. After the completion of your tour of Harischandragad, you may now move towards Konkan Kada.
- At 11:30 am you will reach Konkan Kada and explore the location and have some refreshments
- After you have spent your time in Konkan Kada at 12:30 pm you may start descending to Paachnai
- You will have your lunch in Paachnai at 14:00 pm.
- At 15:00 pm you may depart for Kasara.
- Around 18:00 pm you will be reaching Kasara and then you may take a train back to Mumbai (18:18 pm CST Train).
- At 20:35 pm you will be reaching Mumbai.
- Transportation from base village to trekking point and back.
- Tea and refreshments.
- Delicious local cuisine lunch.
- Guide & expertise charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1200 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.