Monsoon Trek To Bhimashankar
Enjoy a scenic trek to Bhimashankar via Ganesh ghat through dense jungle and numerous waterfalls.
- A scenic trek, one can see amazing waterfalls oozing out of the mountain walls.
- A trek through dense jungle and you can enjoy water streams over the rocky plateau along the way.
The Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary is the home of the Giant Indian Squirrel and a huge number of other animals and birds. The Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary in Maharashtra is spread across an extensive area of 120 square kilometres on the Western Ghats or the Sahyadri Ranges.
The Bhimashankara temple (one of 12 Jyotirlingas) is a composite of old and the new structures and is built in the Nagara style of architecture. It is a modest yet graceful temple and it dates back to mid 18th century. The Shikhar of the temple was built by Nana Phadnavis.
Day 1: Starting from Mumbai
- You will be boarding the Karjat fast local train starting from Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus at 21:26 pm (Timings from other stations are Dadar at 21:40 pm, Thane at 22:07 pm and Kalyan at 22:29 pm).
- At around 23:20 pm you will reach Karjat. This will be your final meeting point.
- After your arrival at Karjat, you will be travelling to Khandas in a jeep.
Day 2: Trekking day
- At around 1:00 am you will arrive in Khandas, you may now rest at the base village.
- At 5:30 am you will have a wake-up call & then you may freshen up.
- At around 6.30 am you will start trekking towards Bhimashankar via Ganesh ghat and you will have a breakfast break on the way.
- You will reach Bhimashankar at 12:00 noon and then you may explore its scenic beauty, you will be covering more than 20 km.
- If time permits you will visit Gupt Bhimashankar & have fun in Waterfall.
- At around 1.00 pm you will have your lunch served.
- Post lunch at 2:00 pm you will start descending and on the way, you will have refreshments being provided.
- You will reach Khandas at 5:30 pm and then take a jeep back to Karjat.
- At around 6:30 pm you will reach Karjat and then take the next train to Mumbai.
- Travel expenses from Karjat to Khandas and back to Karjat.
- Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks & refreshments.
- Expertise and guide charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1100 Per Person