Trek To The Hilltop Harihar Fort
Trek to Harihar Fort, a hilltop fort constructed to overlook the trade route through Gonda Ghat, the fort receives many visitors because of its peculiar rock-cut steps.
- A trek having the highest elevation of 3676 feet.
- Fort that talks about the history of the region and its rulers over the centuries.
- A visit to a fort which was once built to overlook the trade route through Gonda fort.
Harihar fort also known as Harshagad is a beautiful trek located 60kms away from Kasara. Harihar fort looks like rectangular in shape from base village and built on a triangular prism of rock the edges of this stunning fort is absolutely vertical. The rock-cut staircase leads you to the fort. There are 117 steps in all. After you climb the first rocky staircase (main entrance) we walk through below an overhang with a sheer drop. Again one has to climb a set of steep stairs, then pass through a staircase inside the rock and then reach the top of the fort.
There is a small temple of Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva on the plateau. A small pond is there in front of this temple. Water from this pond can be used for drinking. One of the vertical drops of the fort facing the Nirgudpada village is called 'Scottish kada', perhaps because it was climbed for the first time in November 1986 by Doug Scott, the legendary Himalayan mountaineer & took him two days to do the climb. This cliff is about 170 meters in height.
- You will be boarding the last train from Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus to Kasara at 00.15 am.
- At around 03:00 am you will reach Kasara station, this is the final meeting point.
- You will now start travelling towards the base village (Nirgudpada).
- By 05:00 am you will arrive at Nirgudpada and you may now freshen up.
- At around 06:30 am you will be served a warm breakfast and tea.
- At 07:00 you will have an introduction session and briefing, then you will start your trekking towards Harihar fort.
- At 9:30 am you will reach the top & then you may explore the fort.
- You will start descending towards base village at 11:00 am.
- At around 13:00 pm you reach the base village and have a local cuisine as your lunch.
- At around 14:00 pm you will leave for Kasara.
- You will reach Kasara and catch the next available train for Mumbai at 16:00 pm.
- By 18.00 pm you will reach Mumbai.
- Travel expenses from Kasara to Base village and back to Kasara.
- Breakfast and lunch.
- Guide and expertise charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1100 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.