Trek To Gorgeous Sandhan, The Valley Of Shadows
Trek to the mesmerizing valley of shadows and explore this gem called Sandhan Valley in Maharastra.
- Hiking into this canyon’s spectacular chasm involves rappelling over rocky descends.
- Wading through pools of cold mountain water and making your way through shadowy moss covered ravines.
The Sandhan valley offers the most adventurous and challenging treks. This particular valley is called the valley of shadows because at some places the gaps between the rocks are less than three feet, thus minimal passage of sunlight, the valley remains most of the time under shadows. Sandhan valley is a part of the Sahyadri range.
Day 1: Start from Mumbai
- At 22:50 pm you will be boarding the Kasara fast local train starting from Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus. You can board in the following stations as well, Dadar at 23:05 pm, Thane at 23:34 pm and Kalyan at 00:07 am.
- Pune participants will meet the hosts at Kalyan Railway Station at 00:07 am.
- Upon arrival at Kasara and transfer to the base village by a private vehicle.
Day 2: Trekking day
- You will be arriving at Samrad early in the morning and then you may rest for some time.
- You will be waking up by 5:30 am freshen up and the have your breakfast.
- At 6:00 am, you will have a small introduction and briefing session, post which you will proceed to Sandhan Valley, this will mark the beginning of your trek. You will experience the thrill of the trek in the valley.
- After reaching a certain point you will have to rappel and keep descending to a pond.
- You may have your lunch midway.
- You will reach the stay point by the evening and after a while, you will have a nice warm dinner, campfire and an overnight stay in a tent.
Day 3: Journey back to Mumbai
- Next day you will be waking up by 7.00 am.
- Next up you may freshen up.
- Post breakfast, you will proceed towards Dehne village.
- And then go to Asangaon by local transport, you will reach Asangaon by 12:00 pm and then take the next available train to Mumbai.
- You will reach Mumbai by 14:00 pm.
- Transportation from Kasara to Samrad and Dehne to Asangaon.
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner, and 1 Lunch.
- Rappelling Charges.
- Expertise & guide Charges.
- First aid.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1800 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.