Rajgad Fort Trek
Embark on a trek in a monsoon with a lush green view of Sahyadri hills range & get thrilled with more adventure.
- Trek to Rajgad fort with the professional guide.
- Witness the most scenic view of western ghats
“Rajgad”, meaning ‘Royal Fort’, is one of the biggest forts in Maharashtra, India. The fort is around 1,400 m (4,600 ft) above sea level. Formerly known as ‘Murumbdev’, it was the capital of the Maratha Empire during the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj for almost 26 years, after which he moved the capital to Raigad Fort. The fort is located 60 km to the South West of Pune, about 15 km West of Nasrapur, in the Sahyadri range.
The fort is a significant site for trekkers and travellers seeking some real adventure. Especially after the monsoon, this place becomes one of the most sought after trekking destinations for trekkers from Pune and Mumbai area. Since the fort covers a massive area, exploring all the sights and spots around the fort becomes difficult in a day and hence visitors opt for an overnight stay, to get ample time to explore all the parts of the fort. The Padmavati Temple inside the fort complex can accommodate around 50 people. The fort is divided into four parts: Padmavati Machi, Suvela Machi and Sanjeevani Machi, and Bale Killa (small fort), according to its different geographical terrains.
Day 1: Start from Mumbai
- The guests are expected to reach the reporting address(meet up information) by 10:00 pm
- We will leave Mumbai by 11:00 PM and reach Gunjavane by 6:00 am
Day 2: Trek day
- After we reach, we will fresh up & have breakfast. Start the trek by 7:00 am from Gunjavane village. Here the trail is easy, taking through the woods.
- We will reach Chor Darwaza, where the beautiful landscape view of Sahyadri hills can be seen.
- We are expected to reach the top by 11:00 am & start exploring the fort.
- We will reach Padmavati temple have a packed lunch. Later proceed to Bale Killa which is a steep ascent. This is the highest point of the trek & spot the Sinhagad, Torna & major spots.
- We will start descending back by 2:00 pm & we are expected to reach the starting point by 5:00 pm
- We will travel back to Mumbai & we will reach by 11:00 pm approximately.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1100 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.