Chennai Sightseeing Full Day Tour
Chennai is one of the most visited cities in India by the foreign tourists. It is popular for its trades and industries since the city is the capital of Tamil Nadu. It is a booming tourist city for the places like Marina beach, Besant Nagar Beach and the Valluvar Kottam monument, dedicated to the famous 2,000 years old, Tamil poet and Saint, Thiruvalluvar! It is fascinating to see population escalating to Cosmopolitan life, simultaneously the orthodox following their tradition for generations.
If you’re a foodie then you MUST visit Chennai for varieties of food and cuisines of different states and countries! Also, shopping at local flea markets to huge bazaars like Burma bazaars will give you a great chance to interact and socialize with the locals.
Chennai Sightseeing Places/Suggested Itinerary:
- Fort St. George
Fort St George is the 17th century fort built by British in city of Madras, the modern city of Chennai. Building now houses Tamil Nadu state legislative assembly. It is still a good place to visit in chennai sightseeing places.
- Burma Bazaar
Burma Bazaar is a actually sort of grey market run by Burmese (Myanmar) refugees living in Chennai. Good place to buy cheap imported perfumes, electronics and software.
- Government Museum
The second oldest museum in India, the Government Museum or Madras Museum showcases human history and culture. Interestingly this museum has the largest collection of Roman artefacts outside of Europe.
- Valluvar Kottam
Valluvar Kottam is the most recognizable monument in Chennai and dedicated to the classical Tamil poet, Thiruvalluvar. The monument stands in the middle of a local Chennai lake.
- Santhome Cathedral
San Thome Basilica is a 16th century beautiful cathedral built by Portuguese and later restored by the British. Interestingly this church is only one of the three churches in the world to have been built over the tomb of an apostle of Jesus.
- Kapaleeswarar Temple
Kapaleeshwarar Temple is a 7th century Shiva temple with a huge gopuram built in typical Dravidian architectural.
- Madras Lighthouse
The Madras Light House on famous Marina Beach in Chennai stands facing the Bay of Bengal. The lighthouse is open to public.
- Marina Beach
Marina Beach is the most popular beach in the city. It is a natural beach famed to be the longest natural beach in the world. Swimming at the Marina Beach is prohibited because of strong undercurrents.
Pick-up is arranged from your hotel or residence and you would be dropped back after Chennai sightseeing tour is over.
*If time and distance limit permits you can visit other attractions as well. If 8 hour/80 Kilometer limit is exceeded, extra charges apply. This is not a Guided Tour.
- All transportation using private air-conditioned Sedan or SUV
- Pickup and drop-off in Chennai Hotel or Residence
- Driver and fuel charges
- 8 hours & 80 Kilometers of usage (can be extended with extra charges)
- Itinerary mentioned is a suggestion, you can add/skip places.
- Monument entrance fees
- Any Toll and Parking fees (To be paid on actual)
- Personal expenses
- Any meals
- Night charge of Rs. 250 applicable if used beyond 10:00PM.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Pick up & drop off has to be same location.
- Pick up & drop off location can be different but extra charges will apply as per distance from pick-up location. To be paid to the driver directly.
- There is a time limit of 8 Hours/80 KMs on this tour, so please plan your stops accordingly.
- 8 Hour/80 KMs limit can be exceeded and paid extra directly to driver at rate of
- 150/Hr. and 11/KM for Sedan
- 200/Hr. and 14/KM for SUV
- This is not a Guided Tour
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Chennai Hotel or Residence
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick up point. Please enter the full pick up address at the checkout page.
₹ 3935 Per Vehicle
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.