Sandakphu Phalut Trek
6 Nights/7 Days
5 to 15 people
English, Hindi, Bengali, Nepali
Trek along with Mt. Everest, Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Lhotse and a grand Himalayan panorama of more than 20 other peaks. Swing along the border trails between India and Nepal. Walk through the clouds and rhododendron forest, in the Singalila National Park, to climb Sandakphu, the highest peak of West Bengal. At 3636 meters, this is the best trek for a beginner.
With grand views of four of the World's highest 8000 meter peaks - Mt. Everest ( 8850m, 1st), Kanchenjunga ( 8586m, 3rd), Mt. Lhotse (8516m, 4th) and Makalu (8481m, 5th), Sandakphu trek is not just about it. The panorama of the Annapurna range including a glimpse of the Fish Tail mountain, locally known as Macchapucchare, Baruntse and the Kanchenjunga family of mountains forming the Sleeping Buddha.
The trails boasts of lots of wild life as it falls under the area of Singalila National Park. During spring season, the route is beautified by the rhododendron forests.. Sandakphu trek is also beautified by the local villages of Darjeeling district and Nepal. Its a border line trek between India and Nepal, and we keep swinging between the regions and villages of Nepal and India. The best part of it is, its an easy trek and considered the best of the Himalayan routes to start a multi day trek in the Himalayas.
Sandakphu at 3636 meters is also the highest point of West Bengal. No other treks in India can boast of what Sandakphu Phalut trek can offer. We top it up with the pleasant, comfortable and welcoming Lepcha hospitality. Lepchas are the intrinsic tribes of that region.
Join our group to gift yourself a lovely memorable experience !
- 4 of Worlds highest 8000 meter peaks - Mt. Everest, Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Lhotse and Mt. Kanchenjunga
- Panorama of more than 26 peaks of Bhutan, Sikkim and Nepal. Chomolhari, Narsing, Jupono, Tenchenkhang, Pandim, Simvo, Goecha Peak, Forked Peak, Kanchenjunga, Kumbhakarna, Frey, Rathong, Koktang, South Kabru, North Kabru, 3 sister peaks, Everest, Makalu, Chamling, Chomolonzo, Lhotse, Nuptse, Baruntse, Macchapucchare, etc
- The famous 'Sleeping Buddha' - The Kanchenjunga family of mountains appears like a big man lying on his back which is reffered to as holy, and called The Sleeping Buddha.
- Trek through the rhododendron forest in the Himalayas. Rhododendrons bloom during late March to early July.
- Birding and animal sight, if lucky.
- Sandakphu, West Bengal's highest point is famous for the deadly aconite flowers.
- Sunrise and sunset on snow cladded mountain peaks making them look like golden crowns.
- Lepcha and Nepali cultural trek. Lepchas are the intrinsic tribes of Darjeeling region.
- Borderline treks which swings between India and Nepal multiple times. The villages that comes on the way are very beautiful.
- Day 1: Drive from Bagdogra to Maneybhanjyang
- Day 2: Trek Maneybhanjyang to Tumling
- Day 3: Trek Tumling to Kalapokhari.
- Day 4: Trek Kalapokhari to Sandakphu.
- Day 5: Trek Sandakphu to Phalut.
- Day 6: Trek Phalut to Gorkhey.
- Day 7: Trek Gorkhey to Bharyang. Drive to Jorethang/ NJP or
- Day 7: Trek Gorkhey to Srikhola
- 7 Days, 6 Nights of Trek from Maneybhanjyang to Bharyang
- Homestay / Hotel in Maneybhanjyang
- Teahouse or Camping on treks depending on group size
- All meals starting Evening Tea in Maneybhanjyang on Day 1 to Breakfast in Gorkhey on Day 7
- 3 meals (B,L,D) suited for high altitude with evening snacks, soup, hot drinks and extra energizers/juice for summit days
- Well equipped local support team
- All camping equipment and safety gears
- High Altitude Medical Kit
- Experienced and Well Equipped English/ Hindi Speaking Trek Leader
- Expert and Knowledgeable local guide with cooks, helpers, etc
- All forest entry permits and camping fees
- All required camping gears with Separate Dining and Kitchen Tents and toilet tents for men and women ( if required)
- Transportation of any kind, from Start or Exit Points.
- Food purchased outside our fixed menu
- Anything purchased for self
- Travel Insurance
- Personal Baggage Offload ( optional at extra cost, Rs. 5000 for 1 or 2 bags weighing not more than 20 Kgs. )
- Anything out of the Inclusions list
Region: India - Darjeeling Sikkim
Duration: 7 days/ 7 nights, Maneybhanjyang to RibdhiHighest
Grade: Easy ( learn more )
Best Time: Jan - May, Sep - Dec
Terrain: Rhododendron forest, alpine meadows
Activity Type: Trek
Trail Type: Different Entry Exit Point
Starts At: Maneybhanjyang
Ends At: Bhareng
Nearest Airport: Bagdogra, West Bengal
Nearest Rail Head: New Jalpaiguri, West Bengal
For Treks in India, Nepal and Bhutan
Upto 45 days from the trek start date - Full Refund
45th day to 31st day from the trek start date - 80% refund
30th day to 21st day from the trek start date - 60% refund
20th day to 11th day from the trek start date - 20% refund
10 days and later - No Refund
For Peak Climbing in India and Nepal ( except free peaks in India )
Upto 60 days from the start date - Full Refund
59th day to 31st day from start date - 40% refund
30 days and later - No Refund
Note: The process might take 3 - 5 days to refund.
** Last moment bookings may be turned down on occasions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
Yes, you will be provided with tents and sleeping bags & mattress. Our sleeping bags are high altitude category and can withstand temperatures as low as -10º C. Couples are given two person tents and groups are give three or four person tents.