Kotagiri Trek From Bangalore
A perfect weekend plan for someone looking for an active getaway. Kotagiri, a quaint town located in the Nilgiris, beyond Ooty in Tamil Nadu.
- Trek to one of the beautiful hill station with our guide.
- Witness the enchanting views of Nilgiris state of Tamilnadu.
- Visit the reviving Catherine falls, Bandipur Wildlife sanctuary.
Kotagiri’s importance fell when the ghat road from Mettupalayam at the foothills of Coonoor was built. Surrounded by tea estates and beautiful green landscapes, Kotagiri offers plenty of opportunities for trekking and rock climbing. Catherine Falls is a double-cascaded waterfall located in Kotagiri. The Nilgiris is the land of seven major tribes, the Todas and Badagas being the most numerous. The height of waterfalls is about 250 ft.Catherine Falls is named after the wife of M.D. Cockburn, believed to have introduced the coffee plantation. The native name of the Catherine Falls is Geddhehaada Halla, meaning "Foothills Dale River". It can clearly be seen from the top of Dolphin's Nose if seeing the entire waterfall as one total impression is what you are looking for.
Day 1: Journey from Bangalore
- Start an overnight journey from Bangalore in a group bus.
- All the trekkers need to report at the following point for their pick-up (choose as per your convenience):
- 9.00 pm: Hebbala/ Manyatha Tech park
- 9.15 pm: Tin factory
- 9.45 pm: Marathalli bridge junction
- 10.00 pm Eco Space/ Bellandur
- 10.30 pm: Silk Board Junction
- Kotagiri is under 350 km from Bangalore and the overnight journey may take up to 9 hours.
Day 2: Trekking day
- We are expected to reach the base camp by 6:00 am (approximately) on the next day.
- Get freshen up and have freshly cooked breakfast at the base camp.
- 8:00 am is when we will start the trek, packed lunch will be given to every member.
- The trek begins from Banagudi Shola range to Catherine Falls followed by ridge walks. We are expected to reach Catherine Falls by 2:00 pm.
- At Catherine Falls, we'll take a halt for some rest and have our lunch.
- Post lunch, we resume the trek for some cave exploration in the area.
- By 3:00 pm, we begin our descent back to the base camp.
- We are expected to reach the base camp by 7:00 pm, in time for some well deserving dinner.
- Freshen-up and enjoy the dinner by the bonfire in a beautiful tea estate.
- Overnight stay in the tents at the base camp.
Day 3: Journey back to Bangalore
- Start the day early at 7:00 am.
- After the breakfast, we may visit a tea manufacturing unit (if permitted).
- We will be visiting the popular shooting spots in Ooty on our way back.
- If time permits, we may also take a forest safari in Bandipur Tiger Reserve (130 km before Bangalore).
- By 3:30 (estimated), we will start the journey to Bangalore and are expected to enter Bangalore city limits by 7 pm.
- The drop points for trekker will be the same as the pick-up points on day-1.
- Transportation in a shared vehicle.
- Tented accommodation at triple sharing basis.
- 2 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Bonfire at base camp.
- Forest department permits.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
₹ 4000 Per Person