The Dayara Bugyal Trek
Bugyal in the local mountain dialect means “High Altitude Meadow”. The Dayara Bugyal trek is one of the most beautiful treks in Uttarakhand, situated at an elevation ranging from 10,000 – 12,000 ft. The vast meadow, Dayara Bugyal, is second to none in natural beauty in Uttarakhand. There is an immense possibility for Nordic as well as Alpine skiing since during the winter it provides one of the best ski slopes in India spread over an area of 28 sq/kms.
Day1: Arrive at Camp Bugyalsarai, Barsu
Barsu on the Dayara Bugyal Trek
Arrive at Camp Barsu by late afternoon and relax with a hot cup of tea. The camp overlooks the Himalayan peaks of Gangotri I, II and III, Jaunli, Draupdi ka Danda and Srikanth. Bonfire, dinner and overnight stay in tents. Barsu is the starting point for the Dayara Bugyal trek.
Day 2: Trek from Barsu – Barnala
sunset at Barnala
Have an early breakfast and get ready for a trek to Barnala lake (2700 m) about 5 hours away. Lunch enroute. Reach Barnala by late afternoon. Explore the forest around the lake and do some bird watching. Bonfire, dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 03 Trek from Barnala – Dayara Bugyal
View from Dayara Bugyal
Have breakfast and prepare to trek to Dayara. The bugyals( (meadows), spread over 28 sq kms, are grazing grounds for sheep and cattle and have a 270 degree view of the Himalayas. Spend rest of day walking around the meadows.
Day 04 Trek from Dayara Bugyal – Goey.
Dayara Bugyal Trek
This is the last day of the Dayara Bugyal Trek.Wake up to a lovely sunrise and walk a little higher for a nice view of Bandarpoonch (6500 mtrs). After breakfast, start walking back to Goey, approx 3 hrs. Reach Goey by late afternoon.
Day 5 – Trek from Gohey to Road head and Drive back to Haridwar.
Leave for Haridwar.
- Accommodation (Camping / Guest House)
- Trekking equipment
- First aid medical kit
- Qualified and experienced trek guide and support staff.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 70% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.