Gandikota Camping with Coracle Ride on Pennar River
Embark on an adventurous journey to the beautiful Gandikota and magnificent Belum Caves and explore like never before.
- Explore Gandikota, also popularly called to be the "Grand Canyon of India"
- Visit Belum caves, the largest and longest cave open to the public on the Indian subcontinent
- Relax around the bonfire and camp under the stars
Gandikota on the right bank of the river Penna in Andhra Pradesh is known for its spectacular gorge formed by river Pennar that cuts through the Erramala hills. This handsome piece of Natures architecture has come to be known as the Grand Canyon of India by travelers who visit it and get bewitched by its beauty. Apart from the unmatched beauty of the gorge, the mystical charm of this fort makes a visit to this village all the more exciting for history lovers and adventure seekers.
Day 1: Start roadtrip to Gandikota from Bangalore
- The guests are requested to report at the nearest pick-up location in Bangalore by 9:00 pm (Refer to the meet-up information section for the pick-up points).
- Board the group tour vehicle and start the overnight to Gandikota.
- Gandikota is approximately 300 km from Bangalore city and may take upto 7 to 8 hours by road.
Day 2: Gandikota exploration
- The group is expected to reach Gandikota tourist home by 5:00 am.
- Take some time out rest a bit, freshen up and head to the Gandikota fort and the canyon after breakfast.
- Boulder in the region is good to try out a basic bouldering activity or even just to climb up to get some great views.
- The group will have time to relax and enjoy the place before heading to Penna river after lunch.
- It is going to be a small hiking activity to reach the river at the base of the canyon.
- Lifejackets will be provided if members wish to get into the water for a swim.
- A coracle boat ride will also be done to explore the river.
- By early evening, the group will start to reach back at tourist home before it's dark.
- Freshen up and relax by the campfire (dependant on weather).
- Freshly cooked dinner will be served at the camping site.
- Overnight stay will be done in camps at twin/triple sharing basis.
Day 3: Visit Belum caves and return to Bangalore
- Freshen up and breakfast will be served at the campsite.
- Post breakfast, the group will drive to Belum caves, the largest and the longest cave system open to the public on the Indian subcontinent.
- The group will stop for lunch at a comfortable restaurant on the way back to Bangalore.
- The expected time of arrival in Bangalore city limits is 10:00 pm.
- The members would be dropped at the respective pick-up points or as they find convenient.
- Charges for road transport from Bangalore and back
- All toll charges and entry fees
- Any interstate taxes
- Accommodation in camps at twin to triple sharing basis (depending on the group, men and women separate tents and toilets)
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 lunch (veg) and 1 dinner (veg/non-veg)
- Service of knowledgeable guide for Gandikota
- Life jackets at Pennar river
- Coracle boat experience
- Campfire at campsite
- Belum cave entry charges
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4150 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.