Agumbe Rainforest Camping and Exploration
Take an adventurous journey to Kundadri, Kavaledurga fort & Agumbe to witness the glory of mother nature.
- Visit Agumbe rainforest research station which is famous for snakes
- Witness the sunrise at Kundadri hills
- Trek to Kavaledurga fort, which was built the in 9th century.
Often called the Cherrapunji of South India, Agumbe is known for its scenic beauty and biodiversity. Agumbe is surrounded by rich biodiversity and the hill station borders one of the last surviving lowland rain forests. Sunset Point, a gallery erected to view the sunset, offers panoramic views of the surrounding countryside and even the Arabian Sea on a clear day. Kavaleduraga fort was built in the 9th century, and it was renovated in the 14th century byCheluvarangappa.] Kavaledurga also called Bhuvanagiri, was a stronghold of the Nayakas of Keladi, who were the feudatories under the Vijayanagara rulers and later became independent after the fall of the Vijayanagara kingdom
Day 1: Start from Bangalore
- The guests are requested to report at the suitable pick-up point at 9:00 pm (please refer meet up information for pick up points)
- After all the pickups are done and all the members have boarded, we will start our journey towards Kundadri hills
Day 2: Agumbe trekking exploration
- We will reach Kundadri hills & witness the amazing sunrise with the view of valleys.
- On reaching the base camp, you will have time to freshen up and have breakfast.
- Post breakfast, the trek to the nearby waterfall.
- From the waterfall, the group will move towards Agumbe rainforest research station to understand the biodiversity of the region.
- Agumbe is rich in its flora & fauna and particularly known for a variety of snakes.
- We also visit the house where Malgudi days was filmed, a popular show from 1987.
- We reach the campsite by the evening where it'll be time to relax around the campfire (if weather permits) and enjoy some dinner.
- Overnight stay will be in the camps.
Day 3: Visit Kavaledurga and Malpe beach before the return journey
- Start the journey to Kavaledurga Fort once everyone has freshened up and have had breakfast.
- Trek to Kavaledurga fort to experience some mesmerizing views of the landscape from the top.
- After that, we will drive to Malpe beach, where you can spend the time enjoy adventure watersports and relax by the beach.
- Enjoy some local seafood delicacies for lunch and will still have time to try some more watersports.
- Enjoy the view of the glorious sunset on Malpe beach and start for Bangalore after that.
- We are expected to reach Bangalore by next day morning by 5:00 am.
- Transportation from Bangalore
- Accommodation in camps (as per itinerary)
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 Dinner (veg/non-veg)
- Forest trekking permits
- Service of a knowledgeable guide
- Bonfire (if weather permits)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3950 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.