Mekedatu, Sangama and Chunchi Falls Day Tour
Mekedatu is a rocky valley along the Kaveri river and Sangama point is where Arkavati river merges with Kaveri river and Chunchi falls lies en-route to Mekedatu and Sangama.
- Private tour from Bangalore and back.
- A well-maintained cab with a professional driver.
- A great getaway option within 100 kilometres from Bangalore.
Sangama is the confluence of two rivers – Arkavathi and Kaveri. It's around 2 hours drive from Bangalore. Arkavathi will be just a small stream for most of the year and will have some water during the monsoons. At Sangama, Kaveri River is more than 150 meters wide at the confluence and flows through a narrow 5-10 meter gorge at Mekedatu. Mekedatu means goat's leap in Kannada. Legend has it that the channel was so narrow that sheep would jump across, and hence the name Mekedatu(Meke = sheep, Datu = cross in Kannada). Chunchi falls, is an almost 50 feet high cascade of falls, which is fed by the river Arkavati. Chunchi Falls lies en route to Mekedatu and Sangama.
- The tour starts with the pick-up from the guest's hotel/residence address at the time selected during the booking.
- The drive to Mekedatu is about 90 km from Bangalore and may take up to 2.5 hours,
- The roads to Sangama, where Arkavathi river meets the Kaveri river, offers a stunning view of the flowing river.
- At Sangama water is shallow and wide but as one walk to Mekedatu, the rivers start to get narrow.
- One of the must-visit attraction of Sangam-Mekedatu is Sangameshwara temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- It will be a 5 km drive from Sangam-Mekedatu to reach Chunchi falls on the river Arkavati. Chunchi waterfall is considered to be one of the beautiful falls near Bangalore during the season (August and September).
- The guest will have enough time to relax and enjoy their time out of the city before the return journey to Bangalore.
- At the end of the tour, the guests will be dropped back to their hotel/residence in Bangalore (same as the starting point).
- All transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up and drop off (Bangalore city limits)
- Driver and fuel charges
- Driver meals and accommodation (if applicable)
- Sightseeing tour
- Usage of the vehicle up to 300 km
- Any cab parking charges and highway toll charges
- Any personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions above
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- The guests may choose to skip or add any new attraction in the destination of the tour.
- Pick-up address and drop address at the end of the tour should be the same.
- Sedans (4-seater) models provided are Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios or similar.
- SUV (6-seater) models provided are Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga or similar.
- Night charge of Rs. 300 is applicable if the cab service is used between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- The tour has a kilometre limit of 300 kilometres.
- After 300 kilometres, additional per kilometre charge will be applicable (to be paid directly to the driver).
- For Sedan (4-seater) - Rs. 11 per km (additional kilometre charge).
- For SUV (6-seater) - Rs. 13 per km (additional kilometre charge).
- This is not a guided tour.
- The driver will know the local language, English speaking driver can be requested for during the booking in "Special Request" section, though the same cannot be promised.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Hotel/Residence address in Bangalore, provided during the booking
- The driver details, contact number and cab details are shared 2 to 4 hours prior to the start time of the tour
- The driver will pick up the guests from the pickup address, so please provide the complete address in the booking check out page.
₹ 4750 Per Vehicle
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.