Mahabalipuram & Pondicherry 2 Day Sightseeing Tour from Chennai
Want to avail the combination of Mahabalipuram tour and Pondicherry tour from Chennai? Try out this 2 day Mahabalipuram and Pondicherry tour from Chennai to explore several world heritage sites.
Connect with us Live by Clicking on 'Chat' or Whatsapp Click Here
Visit the group of monuments of Mahabalipuram and Shore temple.
Explore and stroll the lanes of French colonies of Pondicherry.
Visit Matrimandir in Auroville which is built for unity of mankind.
Experience hassle free pick and drop facility in a comfortable vehicle.
Services of a professional driver.
Mahabalipuram, the combination of lovely beach and single rock cut carvings, known more for its architecture; the monuments were carved by the Pallava Dynasty in 7th centuries, nearly 1400 years ago. Mahabalipuram also has splendid places for tourists to stay. Pondicherry (or Puducherry), a French colonial settlement in India until 1954, is now a Union Territory town bounded by the southeastern Tamil Nadu state. This city is popular for its structural design and calmness depicting French style, a lot of eateries which serve wood-fired pizzas especially. To get the real time experience, avail the benefits of this Chennai tour package.
Day 1: Start from Chennai, visit Mahabalipuram and drive to Pondicherry
- The driver will pick up the guests from the hotel or residence in Chennai.
- We will drive to Mahabalipuram which is 56 km away from Chennai which almost takes one and half hours to reach.
- Visit Shore temple which Mahabalipuram is famous for, built by Pallavas which overlooks the sea.
- Take a visit to Pancha Rathas which are dedicated to Pandavas and also visit rock-cut temples and a lighthouse from where we can witness the aerial view of the town.
- Arjuna's penance, Krishna's butter ball and other rock-cut temples are also part of group of monuments which are considered to be UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- We will drive to Pondicherry which is 95 km away and take a rest for the day or you can just go for street shopping. As Pondicherry is known for its clothes and other souvenirs.
- The driver will drop the guests to the hotel in Pondicherry.
Day 2: Visit Aurobindo Ahram, French Colony, Auroville and drive back to Chennai.
- After morning breakfast, visit Aurobindo ashram, which was built in 1926 and one of the major attractions.
- Take a visit to the French colony where you can see the buildings built in the French style and looks colorful too.
- Take a drive along the promenade beach or you may even take a walk along the beach.
- Drive to Auroville and visit Matrimandir where you can see golden globe.
- After the visit, start the drive back to Chennai and reach by late evening.
*This is just a suggested itinerary*
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Chennai city hotel/residence
- All transportation using private air-conditioned Sedan Car or SUV (as chosen)
- Driver and fuel charges
- Usage of 500 km (more than sufficient)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 3 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 8400 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.