10 Nights/11 Days
5 to 15 people
English, Hindi and Bengali
With Kanchenjunga standing huge, right in front of you on Goecha La at 5000 meters, the tear shaped Goecha Lake, Jaw-dropping sunrises and sunsets on the snow cladded high Himalayan peaks, A panorama of more than 16 peaks from Dzongri top, dense Himalayan forests, its rivers and meadows, rhododendrons, yaks ... Dzongri Goechala is a trek you will fall in love with. Once you do Goechala trek, you will feel like doing it again and again... such a beautiful trek it is.
In the far east corner of the Indian Himalayas, there exist a small state of Sikkim inhabited by the culturally rich, warm and welcoming people. Here people of all tribes, namely Bhutias, Lepchas, Limboos, Subbas and Rai, all live together in a rich cultural harmony making this place a touristic heaven. Here, the dzos and yaks are the family members, and the mighyt Kanchenjunga fathers them all.
- Kanchenjunga 8586m - World's 3rd highest peaks. With this trek, view Kanchenjunga massif standing tall right in front of you, at a stone throw distance
- Panorama of more than 16 peaks in Bhutan, Sikkim and Nepal. Chomolhari, Narsing, Jupono, Tenchenkhang, Pandim, Simvo, Goecha Peak, Forked Peak, Kanchenjunga, Kumbhakarna, Frey, Rathong, Koktang, South Kabru, North Kabru, Black Kabru, etc.
- Trek through the rhododendron forest in the Himalayas. Rhododendrons bloom during late March to early July.
- Birding and animal sight, if lucky.
- Goecha La 5000m and Goecha Lake is at a super altitude and adds thrill to the trek.
- Sunrise and sunset on the mountain peaks.
- Sikkimese Subba and Limboo cultural trek.
Day 1: Pick up from Bagdogra and drive to Yuksom. Checkin to Hotel
Day 2: Trek from Yuksom to Sachen.
Day 3: Trek from Sachen to Tshoka.
Day 4: Trek from Tshoka to Dzongri.
Day 5: Trek from Dzongri Top, Dzongri to Kokchurong.
Day 6: Trek from Kokchurong to Lamuney via Thansing.
Day 7: Acclimatization Day. Explore Samity Lake and back
Day 8: Trek from Lamuney to Goechala to Thansing.
Day 9: Trek from Thansing to Tshokha.
Day 10: Trek from Tshoka to Yuksom.
Day 11: Drive from Yuksom to Siliguri or Bagdogra.
- 11 Days / 10 nights of trek cost Ex. Yuksom
- 2 nights in standard hotel in Yuksom
- Accommodation in spacious tents on trek, 2man/ 3man tents
- Sub Zero Sleeping bags supported with Warm Fleece Sleeping Bag Inners For Extra Hygiene and Warmth
- All required camping gears with Separate Dining and Kitchen Tents and toilet tents for men and women
- All meals starting Evening Tea in Yuksom on Day 1 till Breakfast in Yuksom on Day 11
- 3 meals (B,L,D) suited for high altitude with evening snacks, soup, hot drinks and extra energizers/juice for summit days
- All other equipment and safety gears required for trek like Gaiters, Anti Slip Crampons, etc
- High Altitude Medical Kit
- Experienced and Well Equipped English/ Hindi Speaking Trek Leader
- Expert and Knowledgeable local guide with cooks, helpers, etc
- All forest entry permits and camping fees
- BAGGAGE OFFLOAD: INR 3150 per trekker
- TRANSPORT Ex Bagdogra/ NJP: Can be arranged on request to be paid on actuals and shared by the group ( 5500 - 6000 Rs. one way fare )
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Personal Purchases
- Food Purchased Outside Our Menu
- Personal Gears
- Anything else not mentioned in inclusion list
Peaks: Chomolhari ( 7314m ), Kanchenjunga ( 8586m ), Talung ( 7349m ), Rathong ( 6679m ) etc.
Passes: Goecha La ( 4950m )
Lakes: Goecha Lake ( 4775m ), Samity Lake ( 4301m ), Goecha Lake 2 ( 4795m ), Goecha Lake 3 ( 4699m )
Rivers: Prek Chu
National Parks: Khanchendzonga National Park
Duration: 11 days/ 11 nights, Bagdogra to Bagdogra
Highest Altitude: 5000m
Grade: Moderate to Challenging
Best Time: Mar - May, Sep - Dec
Terrain: Rhododendron forest, alpine meadows, rocky
Trail Type: Same Exit Entry Point
Starts At: Yuksom
Ends At: Yuksom
Region: India - Darjeeling Sikkim
Nearest Airport: Bagdogra, West Bengal
Nearest Rail Head: New Jalpaiguri, West Bengal
- Upto 45 days from the trek start date - Full Refund
- 45th day to 31st day from the trek start date - 80% refund
- 30th day to 21st day from the trek start date - 60% refund
- 20th day to 11th day from the trek start date - 20% refund
- 10 days and later - No Refund
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
Yes, you will be provided with tents and sleeping bags & mattress. Our sleeping bags are high altitude category and can withstand temperatures as low as -10º C. Couples are given two person tents and groups are give three or four person tents.