Thamsar Pass Trek, Himachal Pradesh
Barot, a scenic hamlet in the Mandi district is famous for its hydro power plant, the first one in North India. It’s also a famous fishing destination, with a lot of people flocking the banks of Uhl river to fish for its famous trouts. Trek to Thamsar pass passes through lush green forests & glacier trails to reach the pass & the lake near it. The trail is on a famous route towards Bara Bangal village and is a common route for shephards and traders in the region.
Day 1: Arrive at Barot. Drive till Bada Gran, trek from Bada Gran (2200m) to Plachek (2400m)
Day 2: Trek from Plachek (2400m) to Panihartu (3930m)
Day 3: Trek from Panihartu (3930m) to Thamsar Pass (4400m) & back to Panihartu
Day 4: Trek from Panihartu (3930m) to Plachek (2400m)
Day 5: Trek from Plachek (2400m) to Bada Gran (2200m), drive till Barot
- Transfer by vehicle from Barot to Bada Gran and back at end of the trek
- Good quality tents, sleeping bags, carry mats and crampons (if and where required). Tented accommodation will be on double / triple sharing basis.
- Safety equipment – first aid kit, stretcher, pulsoximeter, portable oxygen cylinders (where required, for use in case of emergencies only)
- All vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner on all trek days) for the trek duration (from Aru onwards till Sumbal)
- WildBoots trek leader, guide, cook and camp helpers and horses / mules / porters as may be required for carrying the equipment
- Service taxes, permits, fees and other charges imposed by local authorities, national parks, etc.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
· Cancellation requested more than 30 days before the start date of the trek – 95% refund
· Cancellation requested between 29 and 20 days before the start date of the trek – 75% refund
· Cancellation requested between 19 and 10 days before the start date of the trek – 50% refund
· Cancellation requested less than 10 days before the start date of the trek – no refund.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.