Dooars: A Wilderness Experience
Come embark on a mesmerizing journey to the alluvial floodplains of Dooars, explore the enchanting environs and the wildlife which calls it their home.
Dooars Tour Highlights
- A 3 Nights/4 Days of a lifetime experience on this Dooars tour
- Visit the Jaldapara National Park & Gorumara National Park and explore the flora and fauna
- Take 2 amazing Jeep Safaris in the wilderness of Dooars
- Service of private vehicles for your sightseeing and commute
- The hassle of finding your stay is taken care of
Located in northeastern West Bengal, along with the foothills of Eastern Himalayas, Duars or Dooars are considered the gateway to Bhutan from India. The area has beautiful tea gardens and fascinating wildlife, including leopards, tigers, elephants and the Indian rhinoceros. The Sankosh River divides the area into Western Duars (Bengal Duars) and Eastern Duars (Assam Duars). Duars are easily accessible from Siliguri, Guwahati and New Jalpaiguri.
Dooars valley stretches from river Teesta to river Sankosh and covers an area of 130 km by 40 km covering a major part of Jalpaiguri district. Dooars is about 630 km from Kolkata. Dooars is most easily accessible from Siliguri.
Dooars Tour Itinerary:
Day 1: Arrive at Dooars
- You will have to arrive at Madarihat/Falakata Railway Station, post which you will be transferred to Jaldapara.
- The journey to Jaldapara is about 40 km and will be covered in an hour.
- You will be driving through some of the most pristine landscape including undulating tea gardens and forests with intermittent small towns and villages.
- You will be checking in at the accommodation arranged for you in Jaldapara.
- Spend your enchanting evening at leisure.
Day 2: Forest Safaries in Jaldapara drive to Gorumara
- On the second day, you will set on an early morning Elephant Ride / Jeep Safari in Jaldapara National Park.
- After the completion of your jungle safari, you will return back for breakfast to your hotel and further drive to Gorumara.
- Gorumara is about 87 km from Jaldapara and will take you about 2 hours to reach.
- Lataguri used to be an important timber trading centre in Dooars but now it is a very popular tourist destination for its proximity to Gorumara National park.
- The Gorumara forests have a very good population of one-horned rhino, leopard, elephant and bison.
- The evening is free for a nature walk.
- You will be staying overnight at Gorumara in a well-maintained accommodation arranged for you.
Day 3: Safaris at Gorumara & Chapramari Watch Towers
- On the third day, there will an early morning Jeep safari for 2 long hours to Gorumara Watch Tower.
- You will also visit Rhino Point and Jatra Prasad Tower deep inside the forest to see the wild animals in their natural habitat.
- Both the towers give a panoramic view of the vast forest and grassland of the Gorumara National Park.
- After the jeep safari, you will return to your hotel for breakfast.
- Further, visit the Samsing and Sunthalekhola.
- You will also enjoy an afternoon safari in Chapramari Park for wild buffalos.
- The evening will be spent in leisure, you will be staying overnight at Gorumara.
Day 4: Departure Transfer
- In the last leg of your journey, post a nice warm breakfast, your day is free to take an optional tour or layback in the hotel or move around till your departure transfer to NJP / Jalpaiguri Railway Station.
- All transfers & sightseeing as mentioned in itinerary in private vehicle
- Accommodation in budget Hotel in Dooars on twin sharing basis
- Extra Bed in case of an extra person in the room
- Breakfast throughout the tour
- 2 Jeep Safaris during the tour
- Driver's Allowance
- All Toll & Parking Charges
- Major Meals ( Lunch & Dinner) during the tour
- Entrance fees during sightseeing
- Camera fees during the Safaries
- Cost of optional tours if any
- Any expenses of personal nature
- Additional, Alternate or up-gradation of tour cost
- Cost of a local guide
- Anything not mentioned in the cost inclusions
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Transfer from NJP/ Jaipaiguri to Jaldapara can be arranged at an additional cost
- Any littering/destroying the forest property is prohibited
- Please carry your valid photo identity proof
- Child Rate: Children below 5 years if accompanied by their guardians are free to join
- Children between 5 and 12 years of age are charged 50% of adult rate
- Please carry hats/sunscreens or other necessary things with you during the safari
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Madarihat/Falakata Railway Station, West Bengal
- The operator details will be shared in the booking voucher, you may contact the operator in case of any queries related to your pick-up point.
₹ 7350 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.