Buxa: Thrilling West Bengal Experience
The enchanting lush green Buxa awaits you, come enjoy in the lap of mother nature and take a break from your hectic lifestyle.
- 2 nights and 3 days experience in Buxa.
- Visit Jayanti, a village situated in the Indo-Bhutan border.
- Visit Coochbehar and its architectural gems.
- Service of private vehicles for your sightseeing and commute.
- The hassle of finding your stay is taken care of.
Buxa Tiger Reserve is National Park in West Bengal that lies in the Buxa hills just south of Bhutan. Park's northern boundary is near to Bhutan border and Sinchula hills create a natural border with Bhutan whereas Eastern boundary touches the Manas National Park in Assam. Flora and fauna offer great diversity at Buxa Tiger Reserve. Animals include clouded leopard, elephants, India gaur, fox, chital and barking deer, wild boar and among birds bulbuls, blackbirds, redstarts, flycatchers, woodpeckers, jungle fowls, peacocks and hornbills etc. Good time to visit Buxa Tiger Reserve is from November to April. Buxa Tiger Reserve is also famous Royal Bengal Tiger after Sundarban.
Day 1: Arrival at Alipurduar Junction Railway Station/New Coochbehar and transfer to Buxa
- On the first day, upon your arrival, you will be received and will be driven through 15 km in some of the most pristine landscapes including undulating tea gardens and forests with intermittent small towns and villages.
- The forests of Buxa with an area of 760 sq km consists of a large variety of animals and birds.
- You will be checking in at the pre-booked hotel in Rajabhatkhawa.
- The evening will be spent at leisure followed by an overnight stay at Rajabhatkhawa.
Day 2: Full day sightseeing inside the forest
- The second day will be a thrilling experience for you.
- In the morning you will visit Jayanti post a nice warm breakfast.
- A 15 km drive through the forest will take you to a small village which lies beside the Jayanti river on the Indo-Bhutan border.
- The place offers excellent scenic beauty. Depending on the time available you may also visit the nature interpretation centre located at Rajabhatkhawa.
- On this day you may also opt for the following tours which can be arranged at an additional cost:
- Trek to Pukhuri Hill from Jayanti: It is a 45-minute walk through Saal forest to the hilltop with a large pond. The pond is considered sacred by the locals and the area is rich in flora and fauna. You must accompany a govt. approved guide at Jayanti to visit Pukhuri hill.
- A trip to Santalabari: From Jayanti, you will be taken to Santalabari which is about 15 km away. This is the starting point for the treks to Buxa fort. Depending upon your physical ability you may trek to the fort which is about 4.5 km (about 1.5 hours one way). Buxa fort offers significant historical value as well as natural beauty.
- Regardless of the options you choose, you will return to your resort at Rajabhatkhawa in the evening and be staying overnight at Rajabhatkhawa
Day 3: Tour of Coochbehar & Departure transfer
- On the last leg of the journey, you will be driven to Coochbehar which is about 36 km from Rajabhatkhawa.
- In Coochbehar you will visit the king's palace, Madan Mohan temple and in the afternoon you will be transferred to New Coochbehar Railway station for your onward journey.
- All transfers & sightseeing as mentioned in itinerary in private vehicle
- Accommodation in budget Hotel in Dooars on twin sharing basis
- Extra Bed in case of an extra person in the room
- Breakfast throughout the tour
- Driver's Allowance
- All Toll & Parking Charges
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5320 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.