Nag Tibba Trek Ex- Pantwari
Located at a height of 3100 meters, the Nag Tibba trek in Uttarakhand is a perfect initiation for a beginner. The trek offers some amazing up-close views of the Himalayas.
Nag Tibba Trek Highlights
- Trek up to 3048 meters Nag Tibba peak and be rewarded with the mesmerizing views
- Experience an amazing sunrise from the campsite and enjoy the beauty of snow-capped Himalayan peaks
- Embark on a trekking adventure trip and leave with memories of a lifetime
Why Choose this Nag Tibba Trek?
- Low Batch Requirement: Guaranteed departure for even a single person.
- Tented Accommodation: 2 people per tent throughout the trek. We use tents from international brand Vango Halo 300, weather tested beyond the European standard EN5912.
Nag Tibba Trek Overview
Nag Tibba Trek is one of the most popular treks in Uttarakhand around Dehradun. Easily accessible from Delhi NCR, it is an ideal weekend trek. Rising to a height of 3048 meters/ 9,920 feet, Nag Tibba ('Serpent's Peak') is the highest peak in the Lower Himalayan range of the Garhwal.
Nag Tibba Trek is a year-round trek with snow in winter months and pleasant weather in summer season, making it ideal for a trekking and camping experience. Some of the high Himalayan peaks visible from Nag Tibba are Bandarpoonch, Srikanth, Swargarohini and the Black peak.
Nag Tibba lies at the foothills of the Garhwal Himalayas, North-East of Mussoorie. The peak owes its name to a Nag Devta temple and in local legends is believed to be the abode of God of Snakes.
The range of Mussoorie, Vikashnagar, and Bunderpoonch is a view you won’t forget! Witness the life of the villagers who dwell under the shade of the great mountain peaks; how they go about their daily life is something worth knowing. Pantwari the starting point of the trek is situated 56 km from Mussoorie and about 90 km from Dehradun.
Nag Tibba Trek Itinerary:
Day 1: Pantwari - Nag Tibba Camp | 6 Km Trek
- The guests will have to arrive at Pantwari village, our base camp and begin their ascend to Nag Tibba campsite on marked route.
- The trekking trail rises beyond the farms and enters the wild territory. The trek today is easy to moderate and will take 4-5 hours to reach. We reach the campsite by evening to enjoy the beautiful view of sun setting over the Himalayas. Nag Tibba peak is clearly visible from here.
- The Nag Tibba camping site is filled with freshly fallen mint leaves. These leaves can be used to make a fresh brew of mint tea. Kandali shrubs, a local plant are found here too which after being properly washed can be cooked into a tasty saag (curry).
- Dinner would be served at the campsite and we do overnight stay in our tents.
Altitude: Pantwari (4,642 feet/1,415 mts.) | Nag Tibba Campsite (7,627 ft/2,325 mts.)
Trek Trail: It is an easy to moderate hike today with a gradual climb. Forest department has made a loose stone trail which we have to follow.
Day 2: Nag Tibba Campsite - Nag Tibba Top - Pantwari | 8 Km Trek
- Rise up to a beautiful morning with amazing views of snow-capped peaks and mountains around.
- After breakfast, we start our climb to the Nag Devta temple.
- Nag Devta temple is not in too good shape and without a pujari. Locals from the region still visit the temple often to pray. The area around the temple is vast and open used as a grazing ground for the cattle.
- The trail rises gradually for another 2 hours hike until we reach the Nag Tibba ridge. From here as you gain altitude, there is a distinct change in vegetation around you. The forest becomes dense dominated by oaks and rhododendrons.
- After spending some time at the summit, the guests follow the trail back to our campsite and after lunch head down to Pantwari village.
- The trek down is easy and fast and can be covered in a couple of hours of easy walking.
Altitude: Nag Tibba 9920 feet/3,022 mts.
Trek Trail: Easy to Moderate. It an easy walk towards to peak till steep steep climb to the summit.
- Service of an experienced Mountain Guide & Support Staff
- Tented accommodation during the trek - twin sharing basis
- Camping arrangement (tent, sleeping bag, camping mattress, camping stools, mess tent, toilet tent and First Aid)
- All meals (from Lunch on Day 1 to Lunch on Day 2)
- Porter/Mule for carrying camping equipment & ration
- All permits and forest fees
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2500 Per Person