Jaisalmer Half-Day Guided Sightseeing Tour
Short duration and yet a thoroughly enjoyable guided sightseeing tour which will take you around the most iconic places of Jaisalmer and explain you the depths of the city.
- Visit the places like the Mandir Palace, Tilon Ki Pol Gadisar Lake, Folklore Museum and many more during this tour.
- Explore the Thar Heritage Museum and understand the history.
- Service of an experienced guide and a well-maintained car.
A reminiscence of Lawrence of Arabia, Jaisalmer is a fort city located in the confines of India’s Thar Desert. Nicknamed as the ‘Golden City’, Jaisalmer stands on a ridge of yellowish-golden sandstone. A giant fort is the prominent landmark of the city which is the second largest in the world. Jaisalmer, which literally translates to “The Hill Fort of Jaisal”, was founded in 1156 A.D. and is presently a World Heritage Site. Jaisalmer district is the largest in Rajasthan and sports the barren Thar Desert. The town was strategically located at an important interlink to facilitate trade between India and Persia. The novel architecture of the town, primarily forts and palaces, envelops one in a nostalgic reverie and reminds one of the princely heritage the town has inherited.
- You will be received by your guide at your hotel/residence in Jaisalmer at a time selected while booking.
- Your guide of the day will take you to the following places during the tour:
- Tilon Ki Pol Gadisar Lake and Folklore Museum
- Tazia Tower - A replica of Mausoleum of various Imams.
- The Thar Heritage Museum, showcasing antiquities, turbans, musical instruments, fossils etc.
- Amar Sagar Lake & Amar Singh Palace along with an old Shiva Temple
- Mandir Palace - A dazzlingly cut compositional wonder of fancy galleries and coverings
- The Bada Bagh - Garden complex, home to the royal tombs
- Vyas Chhatri - An air array of brilliant sandstone chhatris located on an old Brahmin graveyard
- Patwon Ki Haveli - architectural marvels of Jaisalmer, decorated with intricate carvings and murals and are painted in golden colour.
- Salim Singh-ki Haveli, Nathmal Ki Haveli, Badal Mahal and Saalam Singh Ki Haweli (Moti Mahal)
- Golden Fort with Maharaja Mahal (King's Palace), Sun Temple, Laxminath Shrine, Merchant Havelis, the ornate Jain temples.
- Jaisalmer War Museum - A historical war museum of the Indian Army showcase it's an inspiring contribution in mainly 1965 Indo-Pak War and 1971 Longewala battle
- You will be having complimentary snacks at a local's favourite spot.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped at Golden Fort, Jaisalmer.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Hotel pick-up in Jaisalmer city limits.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned private vehicle.
- Tour as per the itinerary.
- Toll and parking charges for the cab.
- Bottled drinking water.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3150 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.