Jaisalmer and Kuldhara Village Full Day Guided Sightseeing Tour
A full-day of guided sightseeing of the city of Jaisalmer, explore its architectural beauties which are dotted all over the city and understand the rich culture of this Rajasthani State.
- Explore the places like the Amar Sagar lake, Patwon ki Haveli, Golden fort and many more during this tour.
- Visit the abandoned village of Kuldhara, one of the most haunted places in Rajasthan.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide and a well-maintained vehicle.
A reminiscence of Lawrence of Arabia, Jaisalmer is a fort city located in the confines of India’s the Thar Desert. Nicknamed as the ‘Golden City’, Jaisalmer stands on a ridge of yellowish-golden sandstone. A giant fort is the prominent landmark of the city which is the second largest in the world. Jaisalmer, which literally translates to “The Hill Fort of Jaisal”, was founded in 1156 A.D. and is presently a World Heritage Site. Jaisalmer district is the largest in Rajasthan and sports the barren Thar Desert. The town was strategically located at an important interlink to facilitate trade between India and Persia. The novel architecture of the town, primarily forts and palaces, envelops one in a nostalgic reverie and reminds one of the princely heritage the town has inherited.
Kuldhara is an abandoned village located a short distance from town in the Thar desert. As with all good mysteries, there’re a number of theories surrounding the missing villagers and their motives for fleeing. Were they spooked? Or were they driven out? The two stories most commonly told involve the villagers being pursued out for either war or taxes, which seem entirely plausible. An interesting site with an interesting story behind it.
- You will be received by your guide at your hotel/residence in Jaisalmer at 10:00 AM.
- Your guide of the day will take you to the following places during this full-day tour:
- Tilon Ki Pol Gadisar Lake and Folklore Museum
- Tazia Tower - A replica of Mausoleum of various Imams
- The Thar Heritage Museum showcasing antiquities, turbans, musical instruments, fossils etc.
- Amar Sagar Lake & Amar Singh Palace along with an old Shiva Temple
- Mandir Palace - A dazzlingly cut compositional wonder of fancy galleries and coverings
- The Bada Bagh - Garden complex, home to the royal tombs
- Vyas Chhatri - An air array of brilliant sandstone chhatris located on an old Brahmin graveyard
- Patwon Ki Haveli - Architectural marvel of Jaisalmer, decorated with intricate carvings and murals and are painted in golden colour.
- Salim Singh-ki Haveli, Nathmal Ki Haveli, Badal Mahal and Saalam Singh Ki Haweli (Moti Mahal)
- Magnificent Golden Fort with Maharaja Mahal (King's Palace), Sun Temple, Laxminath Shrine, Merchant Havelis, the ornate Jain temples.
- Lodurva - The ancient capital of the Bhatti dynasty known for its architectural ruins and surrounding sand dunes.
- Amar Sagar Temple
- Kuldhara Abandoned Village - Lying abandoned from the past few centuries, has no signs of human life and known as one of the haunted places in Rajasthan
- Khaba Fort - An abandoned structure holds great potential for photography enthusiasts
- Take a lunch break at a local restaurant OR any place of your choice. Your guide will be able to help you with recommendations for eating places.
- The 9-hour tour completes with your drop at Golden Fort, Jaisalmer.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Hotel pick-up in Jaisalmer city limits.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned private vehicle.
- Tour as per the itinerary.
- Toll and parking charges for the cab.
- Bottled drinking water.
- Lunch at a local eating joint.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5000 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.