Junnar Sightseeing Day Tour from Pune
A day tour of the birthplace of Shivaji Maharaj from Pune is a great option for someone who would like to explore offbeat forts, temples and caves.
- Visit the places like the Shivneri fort, Lenyadri Caves, Junnar caves and more during this tour.
- No haggling over the fares and waiting in long ques to avail a comfortable vehicle.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
- Absolutely serene drive during the monsoons with breathtaking views.
Junnar is a historical city in the Pune district of Maharashtra after all this city was the birthplace of the great Maratha king Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Junnar is dotted with caves which date back to even 2nd and 3rd BC. Situated on the laps of Sahyadri Range, there are over 200 caves individually rock cut and spread over four hills within the Junnar region. Some of such cave temple groups are Tuljalena, Manmodi, and Shivneri etc. Among which the group of 40-60 cave temples termed as Lenyadri Caves are the much popular and largest one. Junnar has some majestic views to offer a traveller and is considered as a go-to place on the weekends.
- The driver will pick you from hotel/residence address in Pune city limits at a time selected while booking.
- The drive to Junnar is about 90 kilometres from Pune and may take up to 3.5 hours to reach.
- Upon arrival, you may visit the following suggested places, you may skip OR add a few of your own
- Shivneri Fort: The birthplace of renowned Maratha King Chhatrapati Shivaji, Shivneri Fort is located near Junnar. The fort which dates back to 17th century used to be a military bastion. Chhatrapati Shivaji’s father was a general to Sultan of Bijapur. He built this fort to protect his pregnant wife from constant warfare in that time period.
- Lenyadri caves: A series of rock-cut caves located about 5 km from the city of Junnar. These majestic ancient caves are 30 in total and offer a lot to explore.
- Girijatmaj Ganapati Temple: This is one of the Ashtavinayak temples in Maharashtra and is located in the Lenyadri Caves, the main temple has close to eighteen rooms and is controlled by the Archaeological Survey of India.
- Junnar Caves: Junnar caves are a group of caves and Buddhists rock-cut temples located near Pune, dating back to 2nd and 3rd century BC.
- Bhimashankar Caves: These caves are perched at a considerable height and some of them are inaccessible, the caves are believed to be a pious gift from someone called Simtabhati.
- Tulja Caves: These are a series of 11 Buddist caves among which the cave number 4 is now taken over by Hindus and is converted to a temple of Tulja Devi.
- After the completion of your tour, the driver will drop you back to your hotel/residence in Pune city limits.
- All transportation using air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Pune city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Limit of 300 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may skip or add some places in the region).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3990 Per Vehicle