Srinagar to Leh Ladakh One Way Ride via Turtuk and Kela Pass 2022
For travellers who wish to do the Leh Ladakh journey in a short span of time from Srinagar, this 8-day road trip option starting from Srinagar is a great option to explore the Kashmir valley, Leh-Ladakh region and ending the trip in Leh, Ladakh.
- Fixed Departures: All available dates on the calendar are bookable.
- Premium Stays: All accommodations during the ride in comfortable hotels and deluxe camps. All with attached washroom.
- Car/Bike Rent and Fuel: All the options have car /bike rent and fuel price included in them.
- All Permits and Fees: No hassle of paying permit fees, entry fees or wildlife fees during your ride. It's all included in the price.
Route: Srinagar - Kargil - Leh - Nubra Valley - Turtuk - Pangong Lake - Leh
Leh town is like a relic left behind by religious men of the past and dynastic politics, age-old traders and imperial inter-kingdom relations. The Kushanas, the Tang dynasty or the anti-Buddhist Tibetian king, Langdarma; they have all left an impression on this ancient town. It’s the place where God seems to have tried out his artistic prowess for the first time because the scenic splendour comprises a riot of colours. The biscuit-coloured hills to the tanzanite skies; it’s a veritable visual treat. God’s own Shangri-La, this town is an enchanter.
The summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, Srinagar is located in the beautiful Kashmir Valley, on the banks of Jhelum River, Srinagar is renowned for its natural beauty, lakes and houseboats. Srinagar is a beautiful place, and must-visit attractions include Dal Lake, Nishat Bagh, Shalimar Bagh, Chashmashahi and Shankaracharya Mandir. Srinagar also serves as a base for trekking expeditions in the Kashmir Valley, taking the adventure tourist to alpine lakes on high altitude.
- Day 1: Report at Srinagar hotel/accommodation
- Day 2: Ride from Srinagar to Kargil (220 KM / up to 7 Hours)
- Day 3: Ride from Kargil to Leh (240 KM / up to 7 Hours)
- Day 4: Ride from Leh to Nubra Valley (160 KM / 5-6 Hours)
- Day 5: Ride fromNubra Valley to Turtuk to Nubra Valley (196 KM / up to 8-9 Hours)
- Day 6: Drive from Nubra Valley to Pangong Lake (160 KM / 7-8 Hours)
- Day 7: Ride from Pangong Lake to Leh via Kela Pass (160 KM / up to 7-8 Hours)
- Day 8: Departure from Leh
Day 1: Report at Srinagar hotel/accommodation
- All the members are required to report in Srinagar by a time convenient to them, preferably by 2:00 pm so each one is properly rested and has time to see some parts of Srinagar.
- Stay and dinner will be arranged for you in Srinagar.
Day 2: Ride from Srinagar to Kargil (220 KM / up to 7 Hours)
- The road trip starts today and you will take the journey from Srinagar to Kargil.
- An overnight stay will be conducted in Kargil.
Day 3: Ride from Kargil to Leh (240 KM / up to 7 Hours)
- On the third day, after early morning breakfast, you will ride to Leh, which will be a ride of about 6 hours.
- En route Leh, you will be driven via Magnetic Hill, Gurudwara Pather Sahib along with the view of Sangam/confluence of Zanskar and Indus river.
- After you go past the Khaltsi check-post, you will witness the moon land and Lamayuru monastery.
- You will be staying overnight in Leh.
Day 4: Ride from Leh to Nubra Valley (160 KM / 5-6 Hours)
- On day 4, you will ride from Leh to Nubra where you will be covering about 160 kilometres.
- You will ride through the most exciting and achievable roads to the world's highest motorable pass - Khardungla Pass (18,380 feet).
- On this drive, you will witness variants of landscapes.
- After your arrival in Nubra, you will be checking in to your accommodation for the night and be resting for the day after dinner.
Day 5: Drive from Nubra to Turtuk to Nubra (196 KM / 8-9 Hours)
- On the 5th day, drive from Nubra to Turtuk.
- Turtuk is the last village prior to LAC and was under Pakistan's control till 1973.
- Post completion of the tour drive back to Nubra and stay overnight.
Day 6: Drive from Nubra Valley to Pangong Lake (160 KM / 7-8 hours)
- This day will mark the beginning of your journey to the famous Pangong Lake.
- You will be riding from the Nubra valley to the Pangong Lake, you may spend some time in the serenity of the lake.
- Your stay for the night will be prearranged in a deluxe camp near the Pangong Lake.
Day 7: Ride from Pangong Lake to Leh via Kela Pass (160 KM / up to 7-8 Hours)
- On day 7, you will be riding back to Leh from Pangong via Kela Pass (world's highest motorable pass), Chang La (world's third highest motorable pass), and Choglamsar.
- You will follow a serene route of about 160 kilometres from Pangong to Leh.
- A drive will take you around the famous go-to places in Leh.
- Upon arrival in Leh deposit the bikes, you will be staying overnight in comfortable deluxe accommodation.
Day 8: Departure from Leh
- On day 8, you have your breakfast and depart from Leh to your onward destination.
- Royal Enfield 350cc for the ride.
- Stay in pre-booked Deluxe hotels on triple sharing (double sharing for couples) at Srinagar, Kargil, and Leh.
- Comfortable stay in Swiss Camps with attached washrooms on triple sharing (double sharing for couples) at Pangong Tso and Nubra Valley.
- Buffet Breakfast will be available from Day 2 till Day 8 and Buffet Dinner will be available from Day 1 till Day 7.
- The Bikes will be provided from Day 2 in the morning till Day 7 in the evening.
- Bike permits and Inner Line Permits for all the travelers.
- All Permits for the highest motorable passes in the world - Kela Pass, Khardung La, and Chang La.
- Fuel will be provided as per the route mentioned in the itinerary.
- Services of an Experienced Road Captain and Motorbike Mechanic from Day 2 till Day 7.
- Services of the backup seat in a vehicle for a group of more than 10 motorbikes restricted for exigencies
- First Aid Medical Kit and Oxygen Cylinder at dispersal with the Road Captain
- Facility to carry luggage in the separate vehicle restricted to 1 Rucksack/Duffle Bag of 60 Liters per Traveler.
- Online Certificate on successful completion of the trip.
- Lunch during the tour.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Any monument entry charges
- Any kind of insurance, accident, theft, medical, evacuation etc.
- Anything not specified in the inclusions above.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Part Payment Policy
- Book with 10% of the total amount if you book more than 30 days in advance.
- Booking amount is non-refundable.
- Leh: Hotel Khaksal Palace/ Oriental Hotel Ladakh/Hotel The Takshila / The Silk Route / similar
- Nubra: Nubra Eco Village / Royal Desert Camp / River Valley Camp / similar
- Pangong: 100 Sky Camp / P3 Camp Pangong
- Srinagar: Hotel Vilatsa by Heritage / Palazzo Zafferano / Hotel Golden Sands / Similar
- Kargil: Hotel the White Castle / Hotel The Indian Kargil / Similar
- The SUVs used in the tour would be Mahindra Xylo / Mahindra Scorpio/ Toyota Innova/similar.
- Kids below 3 years of age are not recommended to join the trip.
- Children below 5 years of age (accompanied by parents/legal guardian) will not be charged for the trip.
- Extra beds in the room can be provided at extra cost.
- The room is allocated to members charged at adult pricing only.
- If there are any additional expenses due to bad weather or any other reason beyond the control of the tour operator on account of hotel stay, transportation, and meals etc. extra bill will be raised. Neither Trodly nor the participating suppliers/hotels will be responsible for the additional expenses.
Things to Pack
- Mandatory Documents
- 2 Copies of this itinerary.
- Valid photo ID for each member.
- 2 passport size photograph.
- Heavy Woolen Clothing including woollen socks (Severe Cold / Snow)
- Windproof Woolen Hand Gloves (Severe Cold / Snow), Ponchos
- At least 2 pairs of thermal.
- Hats / Caps
- Sunscreen lotion (SPF 50 or greater) or Sunblock
- 2-3 Extra Shorts
- An extra slipper and an extra towel for backpack
- Long-sleeved over a shirt and a thin pair of pants as the night gets a bit cold
- Handy torch
- Hand Sanitiser (Dettol, Lifebuoy) – Recommended
- Small water bottle, 1 Ltr - 2 units
- Chocolates, toffees, chips, chewing gums, mouth freshener, dry fruits etc.
- Personal toiletry kit - Toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, tissue papers, hair oil, moisturising cream, cold cream, lip balm.
- Mobile & amp; Mobile Charger, Power bank. Limited connectivity in Leh. No connectivity in Ladakh-Nubra/Pangong/Shyam Valley
- 90% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Report at Hotel in Srinagar
- The exact reporting address in Srinagar, the local contact person details and phone number will be shared in the booking voucher, sent on your registered email
₹ 18820 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.