Road Trip to Kodaikanal from Bangalore Great Lakes and Waterfalls
Take a road trip to the princess of hill stations to enjoy an adventurous jungle trek and to grab a chance to visit the famous lakes of Kodaikanal.
- Be part of adventurous jungle trek to an unexplored waterfall of Kodaikanal.
- Visit the famous star-shaped lake in the town.
- Hike up the mountains to witness the breath-taking sunset.
Kodaikanal is a city near Palani in the hills of the Dindigul district in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. Its name in the Tamil language means "The Gift of the Forest". Kodaikanal is referred to as the "Princess of Hill stations" and has a long history as a retreat and popular tourist destination. Kodaikanal Main Town covered with mist. Kodaikanal was established in 1845 as a refuge from the high temperatures and tropical diseases of the plains. Much of the local economy is based on the hospitality industry serving tourism. Kodaikanal is at the crown of the Palani Hills and is effectively surrounded and protected by thick forests.
Day 1: Overnight journey to Kodaikanal
- You are requested to report at the nearest pickup point by 8:00 PM (please refer the meet-up information for pick up points).
- You will take an overnight journey to Kodaikanal.
Day 2: Kodaikanal Trek, Waterfall visit and camping
- You are expected to reach Kodaikanal by early morning. Freshen up and have breakfast.
- Take a 2-hour drive through the picturesque valleys and curved roads to the beautiful mountain campsite close to jungle and wildlife.
- You will be served with freshly prepared hot lunch.
- Post lunch, start a trek through the grassy hillocks, Sholas and pine forests to a hidden waterfall in the jungle and take a refreshing dip in the waterfalls.
- Hike up to the hilltop to see an amazing sunset, you may as well spot wildlife like Bison and deer.
- Return back to the campsite and have a nice warm cup of tea.
- Bonfire arrangements will be made to keep you warm in the chilly weather and dinner will be served to you.
- End the day by camping in a cosy tent under the stars.
Day 3: Visit Kodaikanal lake and start a journey back to Bangalore
- Start the day with breakfast and check out from the campsite.
- Post breakfast you will be driven to an unexplored pristine lake and go on a coracle ride if you wish to (optional).
- Take a nature walk around the lake to reach the far end of the lake that has a wooden bridge.
- Break for lunch at a local restaurant.
- Post lunch you will be driven back to Kodaikanal, visit a star-shaped lake and you will also have time for shopping at a flea market.
- After your flea market visit, start the journey back to Bangalore and stop for dinner at a dhaba.
- You are expected to reach Bangalore by next morning.
- Transportation from Bangalore and back in a non-air-conditioned vehicle.
- Accommodation in the campsite (twin or triple sharing basis).
- 1 Breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner (veg/non-veg).
- Jungle trek, waterfall and lake visit.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
₹ 4670 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.