South Goan Museum Tour Led by Archaeologist
A guided tour of the museums of South Goa led by archaeologist to explain the exclusive features of each museum.
- Visit Bigfoot museum which showcases the traditional occupation and social classes like a fisherman, Goan artisans, farmers, flea market and feni distillery
- Explore Chitra Goa museum which has more than 4000 objects to display.
- Complimentary Goan lunch during the tour.
In the South Goa museum tour, we go museum hopping in the company of an archaeologist to discover and appreciate the rich cultural legacy of South Goa. We visit Chitra Museum, Bigfoot Cross Museum, Museum of Christan Art and the Museum of Archeological Survey of India.
- The driver will receive you from your hotel or residence in Goa at 8:30 AM.
- The archaeologist guide cum host for the tour will meet you here and after a quick introduction, the tour will start.
- First stop to the tour would be Chitra Goa museum, this displays the lifestyle of people, their indigenous practices, craftsmanship and folklore.
- You will be visiting the Bigfoot Cross Museum by 11:00 AM and this is a miniature Goan village set up to recreate the rural life of old days.
- A highlight in the Bigfoot Cross Museum is the giant 14-meter sculpture of saint Mirabai carved in 30 days which is also the tallest laterite sculpture in India.
- You will be served with traditional Goan lunch at a local restaurant.
- The next stop will be the Christian Art Museum, which is the only one of its kind in Asia and this is built in Indo - Portuguese style.
- You can witness the immense wealth of Churches of Goa by the objects displayed.
- The last stop of the tour will be the Museum of Archeological Survey of India, which was built in 1964. The collection of exhibits range from prehistoric and early historic period to the late medieval period.
- After the visit, you are dropped back to the hotel/residence in Goa approximately by 4:30 PM.
- All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Any toll and parking charges.
- Service of a knowledgeable archaeologist.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Monument entrance fees (as per the itinerary).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.