Nilgiris (Ooty) A Road Trip from Bangalore
A perfect weekend getaway to the mesmerizing hill station, Ooty. Walk amidst the tea plantations, visit the lesser known lakes, thrilling ride, bonfire and camping to enjoy the road trip.
- Unwinding at ‘out of the world’ lakes like Emerald and Avalanche.
- Explore the quaint little villages in Nilgiri mountain range.
- Company of knowledgeable hosts.
Nilgiris, one of the oldest mountain ranges, located at the tri-junction of Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka states of India. They are a part of the Western Ghats around Ooty the “Queen of Hill Stations”. Nilgiris is India’s first biosphere. It has been declared as one of the 14 ‘hotspots’ of the world because of its unique biodiversity. Rolling grasslands, dense shola jungle, waterfalls, streams, lakes, the vast expanse of tea plantations, interspersed with vegetable gardens.
Day 1: Overnight journey from Bangalore
- You are requested to report at the nearest pick-up point by 8:00 PM (please refer the meet-up information for pick up points).
- You will take an overnight journey to Ooty.
Day 2: Ooty local experience, nature walk and bonfire
- You are expected to reach by early morning to Ooty. Reach homestay and freshen up.
- Have a nice warm breakfast and be driven into the picturesque Nilgiris and tea estate.
- Stop in a quaint village to experience the local lifestyle and culture.
- Reach the last village in Tamilnadu border.
- Enjoy the nature walk amidst the tea estates and if you are lucky you might spot some wild animals.
- Sip a soul-soothing tea in the remotest village of Tamilnadu.
- Hot dinner is served to you, and feel the warmth by the side of a bonfire in the chilly weather.
- You will be staying overnight at a homestay.
Day 3: Visit Emerald and Avalanche lake and journey back to Bangalore.
- On the third day, wake up to a beautiful morning, freshen up and have a nice warm breakfast.
- You will be driven through the dense Shola forest, a protected zone safari and also visit the Emerald Lake, a serene lake which is situated far away from the Ooty.
- Also, take a visit to Avalanche Lake, this is named so because it was naturally formed by a landslide back in1823.
- Be driven back to Ooty and visit a tea factory, understand the process of making tea.
- You will get freshly prepared tea powders and chocolates here, you may buy some to carry back home.
- Visit Ooty lake in the evening and start the journey back to Bangalore.
- You will stop over for dinner at a local restaurant and continue the journey.
- You are expected to reach Bangalore by next day morning.
- Transportation from Bangalore and back.
- Accommodation in the homestay (twin or triple sharing basis).
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner (veg/non-veg).
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Bonfire (if weather permits).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
₹ 4670 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.