Spiti Valley Offbeat Roadtrip from Chandigarh to Chandigarh
Chandigarh 7 Nights/8 Days 144 people interested today
Response time: 2 - 24 hours
In this 8 days trip explore the hidden gems and remote areas of Spiti valley and drive through Kalpa, Kaza, Hikkim, Sangla and many other interesting places to visit the monasteries, villages and other exciting places.
- Visit and explore the world's highest village - Kibber
- Send some postcards from the world's highest post office situated at Hikkim.
- All transportation from Chandigarh is included.
- All stays in the exotic location of Spiti valley
The amazing valley of Spiti, located in Himachal Pradesh is a cold desert and the name Spiti means The Middle Land, the land between India and Tibet. Spiti valley is untouched in the great Himalayas that retain the natural charisma. Spiti is hugely influenced by Buddhist culture and lies between Tibet, Ladakh, Kinnaur, Lahaul and Kullu. They are regarded as great gems that lend unrelenting views and an unforgettable experience for those who dare to challenge themselves to be inspired by the glory of the great Himalayas. The place is famous not only for its natural and gorgeous landscapes but also the rustic and old world charm of its unique lifestyle and religious history.
- Day 01: Arrival in Chandigarh
- Day 02: Drive from Chandigarh to Sarahan via Shimla, Narkanda, Rampur| Drive for 274 KM
- Day 03: Drive to Sangla from Sarahan | 85 KM
- Day 04: Drive from Sangla to Kalpa | 40 KM
- Day 05: Drive to reach Kaza via Tabo
- Day 06: Kaza local exploration | 40 KM
- Day 07: Drive to Sarahan | 270 KM
- Day 08: Drive to Chandigarh | 274 KM
Day 01: Arrival at Chandigarh
- All the members are required to report in Chandigarh at any time.
- The representative from the coordinating team will meet you at the reporting location in the city, the exact address of the same will be intimated post booking.
- The accommodation in Chandigarh will be pre-booked for all the members and check-in to the respective room to freshen up.
- On this day you are free to explore locally by your own but you will have to gather in the evening for a tour briefing, safety and rescue session by professionals from the organizing team.
- Overnight stay will be in Chandigarh.
Day 02: Drive from Chandigarh to Sarahan via Shimla, Narkanda | 274 KM, 8 hours approximately
- Early morning, after breakfast you will start this adventurous tour by heading to Sarahan.
- Enjoy the scenic routes of Shimla, Narkanda and you cross Rampur on the way to Sarahan.
- Sarahan is almost 274 KM and it might take 8 hours to reach.
- On arrival, transfer to the hotel/homestay/campsite. Dinner and overnight stay at the place of stay.
Day 03: Drive from Sarahan to Sangla | 85 KM, 3 hours drive
- After breakfast, embark on a journey to one of the most beautiful valleys of the Himalayas, Sangla valley which is also called as Baspa valley, it is named after the Baspa River that flows right through it.
- The Sangla valley has a culture where Hinduism and Buddhism beliefs do fuse even though there are more Hindu temples than Buddhist ones here.
- While driving enter the Kinnaur district, a mountain area which is known as The Land of God, known for its serenity and beauty of the lush green and rocky mountainscape having Satluj, Baspa and Spiti river snaking through it.
- Once you enter the border of Kinnaur you will be passing through beautifully engineered roads that take you the different villages of Kinnaur district.
- Reach Sangla, dinner and overnight stay at the camp/hotel.
Day 4: Drive from Sangla to Kalpa | 50 KM, 2 hours
- Early morning after breakfast, check out from the hotel and start the drive to Kalpa which is approximately 50 KM
- Kalpa is 2670 metres above the sea level and is the district headquarter of Kinnaur and was once the favourite getaway of Lord Dalhousie.
- Once known as Chini, little has changed in Kalpa in the last 500 years. Legend has it that when Lord Dalhousie wanted to take a break from his hectic schedule in Shimla, he would come here on his Horseback
- On reaching Kalpa, check-in to your hotel as freshen up.
- By the side of Kalpa is a 79 feet high rock formation that resembles a Shivlinga that changes its colour as the day passes, rest in your hotel for a while.
- In the evening, visit the Buddhist Gompa, Hu Bu Lan Kar an extremely old monastery.
- Return to the hotel and fresh dinner is served to you and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 5: Reach Kaza via Tabo | 207 KM
- After having breakfast, you start an excursion to Kaza which is 207 KM from Kalpa.
- On the way, you will cross two small villages which lie in the heart of Spiti called Langza and Komik
- This picturesque village is blessed with ancient monasteries and buildings of the prehistoric era.
- These villages are known for the fossil reserves of marine creatures and these fossils date back to millions of years when the whole region was submerged under the Tethys Sea.
- Komic is one of the highest villages in Asia. It has only a few houses, and the major highlight of this place is its monastery.
- Overnight at homestay or camps.
Day 6: Visit the world's highest post office at Hikkim and World's highest village - Kibber
- Early morning, start the drive to a small Hikkim village which is 16 KM from Kaza.
- The main attraction of this village is that it has a post office situated at a height of 4400 meters (14400ft) which is considered as the highest post office in the world.
- Spend some time and you can send postcards to your relatives and friends from the highest post office in the world.
- After lunch, pay a visit to Kye Gompa, a Tibetan Buddhist monastery which is located an a heigh of 4166 meters above the sea level and is a Buddhist learning centre in the Spiti valley.
- This monastery is said to be built in the 11th century and this was a home for 350 lamas.
- Next stop would be Kibber which is considered as the highest village in the world.
- Explore the village with the scenic beauty around and start the drive back to Kaza which is about 20 KM from Kibber.
- Reach Kaza and get transferred to the hotel. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel in Kaza.
Day 7: Drive from Kaza to Sarahan | 270 KM, 7 hours drive
- Rise up early morning. Freshen up and have breakfast to start the drive towards Sarahan.
- Sarahan has buildings made of wood and topped by concave sloping roofs. The Chinese Buddhist influence on architecture makes this a perfect place to stay.
- Reach Sarahan and check-in to the hotel, freshen up and relax for some time.
- Explore nearby surroundings and you can also visit Bhimkali temple, a temple dedicated to the mother goddess Bhimakali, presiding deity of the rulers of former Bushahr State.
- Have a good meal and overnight stay at Sarahan.
Day 8: Drive from Sarahan to Chandigarh
- Today morning, post breakfast, you will head back to Chandigarh as your amazing trip will come to an end.
- On reaching, spend the rest of the time at your own leisure or you can proceed to your next destination to end the tour.
- All transportation in SUV/Temp traveller
- Sharing based accommodation in double bedded room
- Breakfast and Dinner (starting from dinner on day to breakfast on day 8)
- All tolls and parking fee
- Bonfire on departure
- Driver and fuel charges
- Tour as per the itinerary
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 21500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.
In The News