Sunderdhunga Mt Maitkoli Glacier Trek Ex Kathgodam
Take a trek to Sunderdhunga and Mt Maiktoli, witness the beautiful peaks and camp at some of the most surreal locations in Uttarakhand.
- Witness the beautiful peaks of Bhanwati, Durgakot, Tent peak, Tharkot, Mrigthuni, Maiktoli.
- Company of an expert trek leader throughout the trek.
- All transportation from Kathgodam is included.
Sunderdhunga glacier trek at an altitude on approx (3900metres.) located in Bageshwar district of Kumaon region of Uttrakhand. It literally means Valley Of Beautiful Stones. It is being a much sought after trekking destination, offers adventure clubbed with unimaginable natural beauty. The views en route are the picturesque glacier, of surrounding higher Himalayan peaks leaves the visitor spellbound. While walking through the pristine valley, standing here you will be surrounded by some of the most beautiful site’s nearby. Trek to Maiktoli Base Camp and Baluni top, Sukhram Caves offers a spectacular view of the surrounding.
Day 1: Arrival at Kathgodam and drive to Karmi village
- You are requested to report at Kathgodam Railway Station by 6:30 AM and meet the guide.
- Meet the guide and fellow travellers there and have a short meet and greet.
- Post the short meet and greet, you would be driven to Karmi village, it will take you about 7-8 hours to reach Karmi village.
- Arrive in the Karmi village and check in to a homestay.
- Have a warm cup of tea and relax, stay overnight at Karmi village.
Day 2: Explore Karmi village and drive to Kharkiya, Trek to Khati village from Kharkiya | 5 KM Trek
- Rise up with the beautiful view from the guest house and have a nice breakfast.
- You will have time to explore Karmi village and you can take a small walk.
- After lunch, you will be driven to Kharkiya and from Kharkiya start the trek to Khati village.
- This is just a 5 KM trek and a relaxing one indeed.
- Reach Khati village and check into a homestay.
- Have a cup of tea, sit back and relax, later in the night dinner will be served. You will be staying overnight at the homestay.
Day 3: Trek from Khati village to Jaitoli village | 7 KM Trek
- You will start the trek after a heartwarming breakfast on the 3rd day.
- It will be 7 KM trek today to Jaitoli village from Khati village and is not a very tough trail.
- Reach Jaitoli village by the evening and have freshly prepared dinner.
- Overnight stay in tents/homestays in Jaitoli village.
Day 4: Trek from Jaitoli village to Kathaliya | 12 KM Trek
- Wake up to witness the beautiful views of the mountains and freshen up.
- Start the day with a nice breakfast in the campsite.
- You will be trekking for almost 12 KM today from Jaitoli village to Kathaliya. The group is expected to reach Kathliya by evening.
- Take some rest, have dinner and stay overnight in camps in Kathaliya.
Day 5: Trek to Maiktoli base camp from Kathaliya | 9KM Trek
- After the breakfast, start the trek to Maiktoli base cam from Kathaliya.
- This is a 9 KM trek and trail is a scenic and you will cross small hamlets on the way.
- Reach Maiktoli base camp by evening and you may stay in guest house or camps according to the availability.
- You will be provided with dinner and overnight stay.
Day 6: Summit Climbing of Mt Maiktoli
- Today is the summit climbing day, so start the trek early in the morning after having breakfast.
- It is a 6 KM round trip trek from Maiktoli base camp to Maiktoli glaciers.
- Reach the top and you will have enough time to explore and later start the walk back.
- Reach Kathaliya, which is almost about 9KM and take some rest.
- Have dinner and you will stay overnight in the camps at Kathaliya.
Day 7: Trek to Baluni top and back to Kathaliya | 6 KM Trek
- You will be starting the trek early in the morning to Baluni top.
- If possible, you will have to reach that place before sunrise as you can witness the sunrise amidst the peaks like Bhanwati, Durgakot, Tent peak, Tharkot, Mrigthuni, Maiktoli and others.
- It will be a 6 KM trek totally and you will have to reach back to Kathaliya by the evening.
- You will have dinner there and overnight stay in the camps.
Day 8: Trek from Kathaliya to Jaitoli village | 12 KM Trek
- Have freshly prepared breakfast and start the return trek to Jaitoli village.
- You retrace the path to Jaitoli and the group is expected to reach by the evening.
- Dinner and overnight stay are arranged at Jaitoli village.
Day 9: Trek to Kharkiya and drive to Kathgodam to end the trek
- Start the trek of the day early, right after the breakfast as you will trekking to Kharkiya via Khati.
- After reaching Kharkiya, take a drive to Kathgodam to end the trip there.
- Accommodation in guest houses and camps.
- Sleeping bags.
- All transportation as per the itinerary.
- All meals (Vegetarian only).
- Well equipped support team.
- All other equipment and safety gears.
- Porter/ Mule to carry general equipment.
- High Altitude Medical Kit.
- Experienced and well equipped English/ Hindi speaking trek leader.
- All forest permits and camping fees.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 12285 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.