Ayutthaya Temples, Light Show and Floating Market Tour from Bangkok
A day tour to the historical city of Ayutthaya, witness the temples of this ancient kingdom and understand the bygone era, also on this tour, you would witness a light show in Ayutthaya and visit the floating market of Damnoen Saduak.
- Explore the floating market of Damnoen Saduak on a long-tail speedboat.
- Visit the temples of Ayutthaya like the Wat Yai Chaimongkol, Wat Phra Srisanphet and Wat Phra Mahathat.
- A ferry tour in the waters of the ancient city of Ayutthaya.
- Scenic light show in the temples of Ayutthaya.
- Complimentary lunch, dinner and roundtrip transfers from Bangkok.
Situated at a distance of 80 kilometres from the city of Bangkok, Ayutthaya was the capital of the Kingdom of Siam and was a prosperous international trading port from 1350 till the year of 1767 when it faced a Burmese invasion. The old city of Ayutthaya is now an important archaeological site dotted with palaces, Buddha statues, monasteries, temples and more.
Damnoen Saduak is home to a mesmerizingly beautiful floating market in a canal, where tourist and locals flock every year to enjoy authentic Thai food and culture. The market is about 100 kilometres from the city of Bangkok and is easily accessible by road.
- The day's tour begins with a pick-up from your hotel in the central areas of Bangkok at 6:00 AM.
- You would board a shared vehicle which would go around the Khao San Road at around 7:00 AM to pick your co-passengers.
- At around 7:30 AM, you would be transferred from Bangkok to the floating market of Damnoen Saduak with the group.
- Arrive at the floating market by 9:00 AM and undertake a longtail speedboat tour.
- Explore the market to the fullest and head back to Bangkok for lunch at a local restaurant at 1:00 PM.
- Post lunch you will be leaving for Ayutthaya and arrive at the historic city by 3:15 PM.
- You will be visiting first up the Wat Yai Chaimongkol, a historic Buddhist temple which was built after the victory of King Naresuan's over the Burmese.
- Next on the list is the Wat Phra Srisanphet, this was the temple of the royals and has gone through a lot of vandalism in the hands of the Burmese, in the year of 1956 some amount of restoration work had begun to restore the glory of the temple.
- Third would be the Wat Phra Mahathat, the residence of the leader of the Buddist monks, this temple houses relics of Buddha and is in the centre of the city of Ayutthaya.
- At 5:30 PM, you would take a ferry on the waters around the city of Ayutthaya and enjoy the calm evening.
- Next up, head for dinner at a local restaurant at around 6:00 PM.
- Post dinner on the last leg of the tour, you would be witnessing a light show in the temples of Ayutthaya, before being driven back to Bangkok.
- Arrive in Bangkok by 8:30 PM and be dropped at your hotel.
- Roundtrip transfers to and fro your hotel in central Bangkok and Khao San.
- Activities and experiences mentioned in the itinerary.
- Longtail boat ride.
- Ferry charges in Ayutthaya.
- Lunch and Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Service of an English speaking guide.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 9000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.