Amphawa Floating Market and Maeklong Railway Market Tour
Take a tour of the Meaklong Train Market also known as the market of folding umbrellas and the Amphawa Floating Market. On this tour, you would also take a boat ride to witness fireflies during the evening hours.
- Visit a 50-kilometre long floating market of Amphawa and explore the market for 2 long hours on a boat.
- Take a tour of the Maeklong Train Market, a market which is set on an active railway track.
- Watch mesmerizingly beautiful fireflies on a boat ride during evening hours.
- Company of a local tour guide and complimentary pick and drop from hotel in Khao San Road Area.
Maeklong Train Market is one of the unique markets you would witness in the city of Bangkok. The vendors set up their shops right on the active railway track and keep folding and opening their shops as per the train movements.
Amphawa Floating Market is a 50 kilometres long market which was and still used for trade and agriculture since a long duration of time. People earlier lived on the houses beside the canal and travelling in a boat was the most convenient mode of transportation and hence the evolution has been as per the existing and day to day needs.
- You will be received from your hotel in the Khao San Road area at around 1:00 PM.
- At 1:20 PM, you will be departing from Khao San Road, Bangkok to the Maeklong Railway Market with the group.
- After an hour or so, you will arrive at the Maeklong Railway Market, the vendors who set shops here on the railway tracks work until the last seconds of the arrival of the train and reopen their shops post the departure of the train.
- The vendors usually fold their umbrellas when the siren of the train blares to avoid any disaster.
- At around 3:40 PM, you will be transferred to the Amphawa Floating Market, upon arrival you will be taking a boat tour for 2 long hours to explore the market to the fullest.
- Watch how the locals interact and trade their goods while you cruise on a boat.
- At around 6:30 PM, you will take a boat ride again to witness the fireflies glimmering above the water.
- This boat ride will continue for an hour, you will be transferred from Amphawa to Bangkok at 7:30 PM.
- Arrive in Bangkok by 9:00 PM and be dropped at the Khao San Road area.
- Roundtrip transfers to and fro your hotel in Khao San Road.
- Activities and experiences mentioned in the itinerary.
- Boat ride in the Amphawa Floating Market.
- Service of an English speaking guide.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3300 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.