Kanchanaburi Day Tour from Bangkok
A day out in the western parts of Thailand, the province of Kanchanaburi has a vast history and equally scenic environs. This tour will let you explore Kanchanaburi in-depth starting from a visit to war cemeteries to riding elephants and going bamboo rafting.
- Visit the cemetery of the Allied prisoners of World War II where 6982 of the Bravehearts have been buried.'
- Take a tour of the JEATH Museum and also the walk through the River Kwai bridge.
- A visit to the Sai Yok Noi waterfall.
- Elephant back ride and bamboo rafting and more.
- Company of a local tour guide and complimentary to and fro transportation from Bangkok.
Kanchanaburi is a province in western Thailand, known for the Death Railway which was constructed during the World War II by the war prisoners, for Burma-Thailand Railway. The province is not only famous for the war memorial, cemeteries and the river bridge but also has its own environmental charm as well, one can river rafting and visit the elephant camps. Kanchanaburi is an all year round destination but the best time to visit the province is during the months of November to February.
- You will be received from your hotel in central areas of Bangkok city and Khao San Road area at 7:00 AM.
- Post a short meet and greet you will be transferred to the River Kwai in Kanchanaburi with the group.
- Take a tour of the cemetery of the Allied prisoners, where 6892 of the Bravehearts from Australia, Netherlands and Britain rest in peace. These war prisoners lost their lives during the construction of the Death Railway.
- You may also visit the Jeath Museum which houses the remains of the belongings of the Allied Prisoners, an entrance fee of 40 Bhat per head is charged on spot.
- Take a walk on the bridge over the River Kwai prior to departing to the railway station where you will board a train to Sai Yok Noi. An extra ticket charge of 100 Bhat has to be paid on spot.
- Your lunch will be arranged at 1:00 PM, post which you will continue your journey to Sai Yok Noi.
- Spend some time at the waterfall and head to the Somnuk Elephant Camp.
- The next destination of the day i.e. the Somnuk Elephant Camp would let you explore the wilderness with the majestic mammals.
- You would undertake an elephant back ride and also a bamboo river rafting experience in the River Kwai Noi.
- After the completion of the trip, you would be driven back to Bangkok, arrive at Bangkok by 7:00 PM.
- Roundtrip transfers to and fro pick-up points in central Bangkok.
- Elephant Back Ride.
- Bamboo rafting charges.
- Lunch during the tour.
- Service of an English speaking guide.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.