Ajanta & Ellora Caves Private Sightseeing Day Tour from Aurangabad
Embark a journey to explore the architectural masterpieces - Ajanta and Ellora Caves on this private tour from Aurangabad.
- An ideal outing to visit the mesmerizing UNESCO World Heritage sites namely Ajanta and Ellora Caves.
- Spend time and explore the gems of the Ajanta and Ellora Caves.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
- Complimentary water bottles and newspapers.
Ajanta Caves are a group of 30 rock-cut Buddhist caves believed to be built during the period of 2nd century BCE to 480 CE. These caves are considered to be one of the finest pieces of ancient Indian architecture which include the paintings and rock-cut sculptures. These caves were declared as the UNESCO World Heritage site in the year of 1983.
Ellora caves, located in the Aurangabad district of Maharashtra are one of the largest rock-cut monastery-temple cave complexes in the world. These are considered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Ellora caves feature Buddhist, Hindu and Jain monuments, and artwork, dating from the 600-1000 CE period.
- Your tour will begin with a morning pick-up from your hotel/residence in Aurangabad city limits.
- Post a short meet and greet, you will be driven to the following stated places with your experienced driver:
- Ajanta Caves - This world heritage site is located about 105 km from Aurangabad city. Dating from 200 BC, these caves were excavated in two distinct phases and reportedly took more than 800 years to complete. They comprise Chaityas (Shrines) dedicated to Lord Buddha, and Viharas (monasteries) used by Buddhist monks for meditation. The paintings and sculptures depict incidents from the life of the Buddha and various divinities, with the Jataka tales, illustrating stories of Bodhisattva, being the most famous. Besides the temples and monasteries, there are magnificent murals that attract visitors from all over the world.
- Ellora Caves - Ellora also spelled Elura, a series of 34 magnificent rock-cut temples located near the village of Ellora, 30 km northwest of Aurangabad and 80 km southwest of the Ajanta Caves. Spread over a distance of 2 km, the temples were cut from basaltic cliffs and have elaborate facades and interior walls. The Ellora complex was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1983. The 12 Buddhist caves (in the south) date from about 200 BCE to 600 CE, the 17 Hindu temples (in the center) date from about 500 to 900 CE, and the 5 Jain temples (in the north) date from about 800 to 1000. The Hindu caves are the most dramatic in design, and the Buddhist caves contain the simplest ornamentation. Ellora served as a group of monasteries (viharas) and temples (chaityas); some of the caves include sleeping cells that were carved for itinerant monks.
- After the completion of the tour, you will be driven back to Aurangabad and be dropped at your hotel/residence in city limits.
- Ajanta caves remain closed on every Monday and Ellora caves remain closed on every Tuesday as weekly holiday. Please plan your trip accordingly.
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is an outstation tour hence the vehicle can not be used for the local city tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits).
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab.
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Usage of the vehicle for up to 300 kilometres as per the itinerary (Extra kilometre charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details).
- Complimentary water bottles and newspapers.
- Airport pick-up or drop.
- All parking & toll charges.
- Monument entrance charges.
- Any meals during the tour for the guests.
- Anything else not specified in the inclusions above.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- This is not a guided tour.
- The driver will know the local language, English speaking driver can be requested for during the booking in "Special Request" section, though the same cannot be promised.
- Pick up and drop locations has to be same. It can be different but extra charges would be applicable.
- Sedans (4-seater) models provided are Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios or similar.
- SUV (6-seater) models provided are Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga or similar.
- Night charge of Rs. 300 is applicable if the cab service is used between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- The tour has a kilometre limit of 300 kilometres.
- After 300 kilometres, additional per kilometre charge will be applicable (to be paid directly to the driver)
- For Sedan (4-seater) - Rs. 13 per km (additional kilometre charge)
- For SUV (6-seater) - Rs. 15 per km (additional kilometre charge)
- Any extra applicable charges to be directly payable to the driver in cash
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Hotel/residence pick-up and drop from within Aurangabad city limits.
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick up point. Please enter the full pick up address at the checkout page.
- The driver and cab details will be shared with you 2 to 4 hours prior to the tour start time.
₹ 4699 Per Vehicle
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.