A short, easy trek near Uttarkashi, to a lovely lake hidden deep inside the forests of the Garhwal Himalayas. An ideal mountain trip for those looking for a quick, yet rewarding Himalayan hike - all of 4 days starting from the capital of Uttarakhand, Dehradun.
- Duration: 4 days
- Grade: Easy
- Max Altitude: 3300m
- Starts from: Sangam Chatti, Uttrakhand
- Ends at: Sangam Chatti, Uttrakhand
- Trek Route: Uttarkashi - Sangam Chatti - Agora - Bewra - Dodital - Sangam Chatti - Uttarkashi
Day 1: Report at Dehradun, drive to Sangamchatti (4 hours) and trek to Bhebra (3 to 4 hours)
From Dehradun, we drive out to deeper inside the hill state of Uttarakhand to Uttarkashi for the first 5 hours on Day 1. A bumpy detour on rough roads for another 30 minutes brings us to Sangamchatti. We trek from here on for the next 2 days towards Dodital. Our first camping site is Bhebra, a small but neat clearing near a couple of huts that are often used by independent trekkers. Bhebra is an easy 3-4 hour trek from Sangam Chatti and the trail passes through the village of Agora on the way.
Day 2: Trek from Bhebra to Dodital (6 to 7 hours)
The first part of the trek today is a rather steep section for 2-3 kms. The trail then follows a moderate ascend thereafter for about 6 kms to get to Manjhi - a village set beautifully amidst a clearing in the forested slopes. An easy hike of about an hour follows from Manjhi to Dodital. A decent trekking pace allows us to get to Dodital by afternoon and gives trekkers plenty of time to explore the Dodital Lake and its surroundings.
Day 3: Trek from Dodital to Bhebra (6 to 7 hours)
A lake-side breakfast and then we start the trek back towards Bhebra. It's a moderate descent all along and should be a leisurely hike back through the forests. passing through Manjhi down to our camping tents at Bhebra. Time to relax again beside the mellow stream near our campsite and enjoy the quiet surroundings.
Day 4: Trek from Bhebra to Sangam Chatti (2 to 3 hours) and drive back to Dehradun via Uttarkashi (5 hours)
We retrace the familiar route we had trekked on Day 1, from Bhebra to Sangam Chatti via Agora. Vehicles stand by to receive the trekkers heading back from Dodital and we continue our return journey by driving from Sangam Chatti to Dehradun. Once at Dehradun, trekkers can head out to their home destinations by evening of Day 4.
- Transfer by vehicle from Dehradun to Sangam Chatti and back to Dehradun
- Good quality tents, sleeping bags, carry mats and crampons (if and where required). Tented accommodation will be on double / triple sharing basis.
- Safety equipment – first aid kit, stretcher, pulsoximeter, portable oxygen cylinders (where required, for use in case of emergencies only)
- All vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner on all trek days) for the trek duration (from Sangam Chatti onwards till end of trek)
- WildBoots trek leader, guide, cook and camp helpers and horses / mules / porters as may be required for carrying the equipment
- Service taxes, permits, fees and entry fees imposed by local authorities, national parks
- Transport costs to reach the trek reporting location (Dehradun)
- Meals, snacks, mineral water, telephone, tips and other incidental expenses during travel to and from base camp of the trek
- Transportation for sightseeing in and around Uttarkashi before / after the trek. Transport can be arranged but will be charged separately as per cost incurred.
- Trekkers are expected to trek carrying their own backpack. Those intending to trek without backpacks or carrying only a day-pack and offloading their backpacks onto the horses / mules will have to bear an additional cost.
- Cost of doctors, medical officers. WildBoots trek leaders are trained in First Aid to assist in case of medical emergencies.
- Emergency evacuation related costs owing to personal emergencies or external weather conditions.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Please plan on reaching Dehradun latest by 8 a.m. on Day 1.
- Please avoid bringing brand new, unused gear – especially rucksack and trekking shoes / boots for the trek. You should ideally use your trekking gear, most importantly rucksack and trekking shoes / boots for short hikes or treks so as to be comfortable with using the same on the high altitude trek.
- Multi-utility gear such as convertible track pants, waterproof & windproof jacket helps reduce gear to be carried
- All gear should also be light-weight and less bulky, without compromising on the protection it is to offer.
- Alcohol & all other types of intoxicants are strictly prohibited and should not be carried on the treks. All kinds of intoxicants not only impale the decision-making process of your brain, but it also affects the oxygen-carrying capacity which can be a big issue on the heights.
- Please carry plastic bags to compartmentalize your belongings in your rucksack but make sure you do not leave anything behind on the trail. Remember we are guests on the mountains & do not own the trail. It is our responsibility to leave the trail in a better condition than we see it in. Please carry jute bag instead of plastic if possible.
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.