Trek to Pindari Glacier
9 Nights/10 Days
The Pindari Glacier is loated in Uttarakhand in Kumaun zone between NANDA DEVI and NANDAKOT mountains. The locals proudly refer to it as the Soul of Kumaon. It is one of the most easily accessible glacier of Himalaya.
- Trek through dense lush green rhododendron forests, alongside streams ending at two massive glaciers of Uttarakhand.
- View the stunning Verdant landscapes of Pindari hills and walk on the Pindari Glacier.
- Trek to Zero Point, view of beautiful mountains around from 12,300 feet.
- Explore the towns of Bageshwar and Almora.
Day 01: Kathgodam - Bageshwar - Loharkhet
Day 02: Loharkhet - Dhakuri
Day 03: Dhakuri - Khati
Day 04: Khati - Dwali
Day 05: Dwali - Phurkia
Day 06: Phurkia - Zero Point - Phurkia - Dwali
Day 07: Dwali - Kafni Glacier
Day 08: Kafni Glacier - Dwali
Day 09: Dwali - Khati - Dhakuri
Day 10: Dhakuri - Loharkhet - Almora - Kathgodam
- Guide and cook fees
- Rent for camping equipment
- Forest entry charges & Permits
- Transport to/from Kathgodam
- Porter and mule support to carry camping equiptment. Please note that personal luggage will not be carried by mules and porters.
- All veg meals starting from day 1 dinner to day 7 breakfast. We provide hot breakfast and hot dinner. On trekking days packed lunch will be provided.
- Transport to reach Kathgodam from hometown
- Personal expenses like tips, medicines, phone calls etc
- Any transport support during the trek apart from what is included above
- Personal porter support will be chargeable at 200 Rs per bag per day.Weight of 1 bag should not increase 12 kgs.
- Rent for trekking shoes is Rs 200 per trekking day. The charges are applicable irrespective if the shoes are worn or not during the trek. Availability of shoes need to be confirmed with us.
- Rent for walking stick is Rs 50 per trekking day. The charges are applicable irrespective if the stick is used or not.
- Accommodation in Dehradoon.
- Level: Medium
- Total Distance: 104 km
- Maximum Elevation: 3860m
- Weather: The higher areas and nights can be cold, day temperatures are pleasant during the season.
- Getting From/To: The nearest town, Bageswar
Essentials to carry:
- Waterproof Rucksack
- Comfortable Trekking Boots
- One Raincoat
- Windproof Jacket
- Thermal inner wear
- 2-3 T-shirt/Shirt
- 2 Trouser/Jeans
- Trekking Pole
- Woollen Gloves
- Sun Glasses
- Thermal Inner-wears
- Warm Fleece
- Woolen Cap
- Woolen Socks & Regular Socks
- Water Bottle
- Camera & Phone if you like (with full/Extra Batteries)
- Identity Cards
- Specific Medication Medicine
- Personal Toiletries
- 100% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We keep our groups small for better over all experience. Typically our group size is between 6 to 10 trekkers. On few long weekends and holidays could see a group size of upto 15.
9 travellers found this helpful
Our tented accommodation is provided at twin sharing basis. The tents that we provide are best in class and are professional grade. You can read more about it here: http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/blog/15_vango-halo-300-technical-trekking-tent.html
7 travellers found this helpful
We serve delicious Indian vegetarian food and eggs during the trek.
6 travellers found this helpful
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
2 travellers found this helpful
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
7 travellers found this helpful
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
5 travellers found this helpful
You will receive good network up to the towns of Mussoorie, Rishikesh. Beyond these network is intermittent and quite weak. Please inform anxious family members in advance that you will be out of coverage area during this trek. There will be no electric charging points anywhere on the trek.