Cultural Tour of Bangalore with Lunch and Pottery Making Session
Take a tour of the most iconic and some less known architectures of the 'Garden City of India' on a 6-hour tour with a professional guide. Enjoy a nice South Indian lunch and a hands-on experience in pottery making.
- Take a tour of a Temple, Church and a Gurudwara during the course of the tour.
- Spend some time meditating at Aurobindo Ashram.
- South Indian lunch with the host.
- A visit to the pottery town and clay pot making experience.
The route followed: Trinity Church - Halasuru Someshwara Temple - Gurudwara - Aurobindo Ashram - Local Cuisine Lunch - Visit Pottery Town
Bangalore or Bengaluru is a large, bustling, cosmopolitan city and is one of the fastest-growing cities in Asia. Once known as the 'garden city', the green acres are now making way for the IT hubs that are contributing to India’s economy. Even so, the weather in Bangalore is still mild year-round unlike any other Indian metropolitan cities. Bangalore has increasingly become like a gateway city for a South Indian trip and finds mention in most such tour itineraries.
- At around 9:30 AM you would meet your host at the entrance gate of Holy Trinity Church Gate.
- The tour starts with a visit to the English Renaissance styled Holy Trinity Church which was regarded as the largest 'military' church in Southern India. Built-in 1851, it has a congregation of over 450 families, for the British Regiment stationed in Bangalore.
- Post the tour, walk to the nearby Halasuru Someshwara Temple at 10:00 AM. The Someshwara Temple is one of the oldest temples in Bangalore. This Vinayanagar Empire temple offers prayers to Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu as well along with Lord Shiva and that adds to the uniqueness of the temple.
- At 11:00 AM, walk to the Gurudwara. Gurudwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha is the next stop of the tour.
- Next up, head to the Aurobindo Ashram at 11:30 AM.
- The way of Yoga followed at Sri Aurobindo Ashram has a different purpose - for its aim is not only to rise out of the ordinary ignorant world consciousness into the divine consciousness but to bring the power of that divine consciousness down into the ignorance of mind, life, and body, to transform them, to manifest the divine here and create a divine life in Matter.
- At 12:30 PM you would be driven to the Bengaluru Oota Company for a home-cooked lunch with an interactive session with the host.
- “Our menu includes closely guarded family recipes, literally coaxed from mothers, grandmothers, and aunts! ”
- While both Gowda and Mangalorean cuisines are intrinsic to Karnataka, the flavour palettes are quite different. The Gowdas, traditionally farmers, ‘cook what they grow’.
- Generous touches of garlic and coriander are key, along with jaggery based desserts thanks to their proximity to the sugarcane belt. Gowda specials. Mutton Cutlets, Kaima Unde, Ragi Mudde with Mamsa Saaru (a traditional mutton curry), Mamsa Pulao, Bassaru (greens & lentil curry), Averakai Saaru and Ammani Jamuns (an age-old favourite dessert of the Ulsoor Gowdas!)
- At around 3:00 PM post a heartwarming lunch, you would be driven to the Potters' Settlement for the pottery tour. Try our pottery making and learn the details of the craft.
- A getaway to indulge in someone else's life - a suttle way to understand the art of pot making. It is fun to learn a new form of art maybe you may pick up the talent & start following the passion & make it your favorite hobby. The tour is to know & learn the art of making clay pots.
- Your tour would end at 3:30 PM at Potter' Town.
- Service of an expert tour guide.
- 2 water bottles.
- South Indian lunch.
- Pot making experience.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
₹ 6800 Per Person
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.