Kafni Glacier Trek Ex.Kathgodam
Take a trek to Kafni glacier witnessing the beautiful peaks of Nanda Khat, Panwali Dwar, Tharkot and many others.
- Days of wonder in the lap of one of the very beautiful valleys in the Kumaon
- The beautiful peaks of Changuch, Maiktoli, Mrigthuni, Nanda Khat, & nbsp; Nanda Kot, Panwali Dwar, Sunanda Devi ( Nanda Devi East), Tharkot, Nanda Bhanar, Nanda Khani, Bauljuri, Lapsa Dhura
- Understand the Himalayan geography and river systems by taking yourself closer to its glaciers.
- An opportunity to experience some of the most remote villages of Kumaon - namely Khati which also offers a unique way to experience the Himalayas of Kumaon through the locals
- Walking through the dense forest of rhododendrons, birch and fir and the meadows
Venturing out in the outer reaches of the Nanda Devi National park in the Kumaon region of the Himalayas. this trek probably offers you one of the easiest opportunity of viewing the beautiful and mighty peaks guarding the Nanda Devi.
Here the beautiful peaks of Changuch, Maiktoli, Mrigthuni, Nanda Khat, Nanda Kot, Panwali Dwar, Sunanda Devi ( Nanda Devi East), Tharkot, Nanda Bhanar, Nanda Khani, Bauljuri, Lapsa Dhura present themselves in full glory. The village and local dwellers of Khati is a good opportunity the experience and understand the rural settings of Kumaon. Right from its start, this trek takes you through a dense forest of the outer Nanda Devi National Park consisting of fir, birch and rhododendrons. From Khati, the trail separates from the Sunderdhunga and follows the Pindar river until Dwali, where it further forks - one on your left goes to the Pindari Glacier and the other on your right goes to the Kafni Glacier following the Kafni river.
Day 1: Arrival at Kathgodam and drive to Karmi village
- You are requested to report at Kathgodam Railway Station by 6:30 AM and meet the guide.
- Meet the guide and fellow travellers here and have a short meet and greet.
- Drive to Karmi village and it will take about 7-8 hours to reach Karmi village.
- Reach Karmi village and check into a homestay.
- Have a warm cup of tea and relax to stay overnight at Karmi village.
Day 2: Drive to Karmi village and trek to Kharkiya | 5 KM trek
- Rise up with the beautiful view from the guest house and have a nice breakfast.
- You will have time to explore Karmi village and you can take a small walk.
- After lunch, start the drive to Kharkiya and start the trek to Khati village.
- This is just a 5 km trek and a relaxing trek.
- Reach Khati village and check into a homestay.
- Have tea, sit back and relax, later dinner will be served and stay overnight at the homestay.
Day 3: Trek from Khati village to Dwali | 13 KM trek
- After breakfast, start the trek to Dwali from Khati village.
- The trek is 13 KM and the trail is a scenic and you will cross small hamlets on the way.
- Reach Dwali by evening and you may stay in guest house or camps according to the availability.
- You will be provided with dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4: Trek to Khatti from Dwali | 5 KM trek
- Start trek after breakfast and you will start the trek to Khatti.
- This is just 5 KM trek and you will have enough time to explore your skills for Photography, Wildlife, and others.
- You will arrive in Khatti by evening and have dinner and stay overnight at camps.
Day 5: Trek from Khatti to Kafni glacier and back to Khatti
- Rise up with the magnificent view at Khatti and have a heartwarming breakfast
- Start the trek to Kafni glacier zero point and this would be 14 KM trek.
- On this day you will have a chance to see many beautiful birds and the source of Kafni glacier.
- Kafni is the only trek where you can touch the zero point.
- Explore and start the trek back to Khatti and stay overnight at Khatti.
Day 6: Trek from Khatti To Khati Village
- Start the trek after breakfast, and today is a long day so you will start the trek early.
- You can explore the local villages and this is 18 KM trek
- Reach Khati village and stay overnight at Khati village
Day 7: Trek from Khati village to Kharkiya and drive to Kathgodam to end the trek
- Today is the last day of the trek and start the trek after a freshly prepared breakfast.
- Start the trek to Kharkiya which is 5 KM away from Khati village
- Once you reach Kharkiya you will have a vehicle waiting for you.
- Drive to Kathgodam and you will have lunch on your way.
- Reach Kathgodam and end the tour here and you can proceed further to your destination.
- Accommodation in guest houses and camps
- Sleeping bags
- All transportation as per the itinerary
- All meals (Veg only)
- Well equipped support team
- All other equipment and safety gears
- Porter/ Mule to carry general equipment
- High Altitude Medical Kit
- Experienced and well equipped English/ Hindi speaking trek leader
- All forest permits and camping fees
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
Yes, you will be provided with tents and sleeping bags & mattress. Our sleeping bags are high altitude category and can withstand temperatures as low as -10º C. Couples are given two person tents and groups are give three or four person tents.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.