Morning Boat Ride with Temple Tour
The tour includes our knowledgeable & eco-friendly English-speaking guide who meets you at your hotel or guest house and takes you to almost every important ghat in a clean, hand-rowed private boat. We afford you sufficient time to share with you the interesting history of the ghats and their activities. At the end of the boat trip, you may wish to enjoy a short walking tour in the old part of the city.
Morning time in Varanasi is famous and to enjoy this fully, one should visit the riverfront at sunrise. During this time people come to bathe and to pray. These rituals remind us of the importance of worship so prevalent in India. The best place to start from is Dashashwamedh Ghat (in the centre) which is one of the most important ghats of Varanasi. Our boat starts in the upstream direction, pointing out ancient architecture and indicating the most important ghats and what activities go on at each one.
The boat rides in the evening give you a different aspect of the day which is capped off with the visual evening worship called Aarti (at Dashashwamdh Ghat), long considered the most attractive prayer along the River Ganga. At this particular ceremony, a group of priests performs a visual delight of fire and sound. Before Aarti, our boat goes downstream showing you local activities along the River Ganga ghats - including the famous cremation ground. Thereafter we go to the other side to take a glimpse of the sunset and offer diyas (made of leaves with flowers and a small candle within) to the River Ganga. It is said that one can see and feel the spiritual energy of Ganga Aarti (evening prayer) even from the boat.
- During the boat ride, our expert local guide will introduced you to the history of Varanasi, the morning rituals in the city and the special features of the various ghats that pass along the way.
- After the boat ride, guide will take you through narrow lanes, towards Varanasi’s most famous pilgrimage site, the Kashi Vishwanath Temple.
- Wear sport shoes and be comfortable when walking!
- Carry the lightest possible bag to enjoy the tours comfortably.
- 75% refund if cancelled before 45 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 25% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Your Hotel or Guesthouse in Varanasi