Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram Day Tour from Chennai Drop at Vellore
Witness the places in Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram on this ten hours day tour from Chennai. Both are the ancient locations possessing rich heritage and cultural history in their temples, iconic monuments and stone carvings.
- On this Chennai tour starting from Mahabalipuram and heading on to Kanchipuram, a city famous for ancient Hindu temples, explore some of the best stone carvings in the world and incredible architecture and monolithic monuments at the East Coast of India.
- Enjoy a day sightseeing in Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram away from the hustle & bustle of the city.
- Experience the grandeur of monuments like Shore Temple, a living proof of amazing medieval architecture.
- Hassle-free pick up and drop facility.
Connect with us Live by Clicking on 'Chat' or Whatsapp Click Here
There are a lot of places to visit in Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram when on a tour from Chennai. On one hand, Mahabalipuram is the combination of beaches and rock-cut carvings, whereas, Kanchipuram is the city of grandeur architecture and temples. It depicts the history of Pallava dynasty carved out beautifully and in an extremely detailed manner. The places also include few World Heritage sites declared by UNESCO, which further prompts you to take your next trip via this tour package. Mahabalipuram is also coming up with some water sports activities to cater to every type of tourists. So don’t wait any longer to enrich your inside travel monger!
Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram Day Trip Itinerary
- Your tour starts with a pick-up from your Chennai hotel/residence and then you will be driven to Kanchipuram which is a 3 hours journey from Chennai.
- You will reach Kanchipuram and visit attractions like Kamakshi Amman Temple, Ekambareswarar Temple, Varadharaja Perumal Temple, Kanchi Kailasanathar Temple, and Devarajaswami Temple.
- You can stop in a local restaurant for lunch at your own expense.
- Next up you will be driven to Mahabalipuram which is 2 hour travel time from Kancheepuram.
- In Mahabalipuram, visit Arjuna Penance, Five Rathas, and Tiger Cave - a group of monuments that forms the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Take a visit to Sea Shore Temple, which overlooks the shore of Bay of Bengal.
- If time permits you can also visit Dakshinachitra on way back. It showcases traditional arts and crafts from South India.
- You will start to be driven back to Vellore drop
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is an outstation tour hence the vehicle can not be used for the local city tour.
- All transportation using private air-conditioned Sedan Car or SUV with the driver.
- Pickup from Chennai Hotel or Residence drop at Vellore
- Driver and fuel charges.
- 14 Hours and 400 KM of usage (Extra hourly and kilometer charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details).
- Monument entrance fees.
- Any parking fees and toll charges.
- Personal expenses.
- Any meals for the guests.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- This is not a guided tour.
- The driver will know the local language, English speaking driver can be requested for during the booking in "Special Request" section, though the same cannot be promised.
- The guests may choose to skip or add any new attraction in the destination of the tour.
- Pick up and drop off has to be in the same location
- Sedans (4-seater) models provided are Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios or similar.
- SUV (6-seater) models provided are Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga or similar.
- Night charge of Rs. 500 is applicable if the cab service is used between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- The tour has an hourly and kilometre limit of 14 hours and 400 kilometres.
- After 14 Hours and 400 Kilometres, an additional per kilometre charge will be applicable (to be paid directly to the driver)
- For Sedan (4-seater) - Rs. 13 per km (additional kilometre charge)
- For SUV (6-seater) - Rs. 18 per km (additional kilometre charge)
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Chennai Hotel or Residence
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick up point. Please enter the full pick up address at the checkout page.
₹ 6555 Per Vehicle
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.