Dayara and Gidara Bugyal Trek
Bugyal in the local language means “High Altitude Meadow”.For hundreds of years shepherds from far have been taking their flock to graze at Dayara. They have come back with stories of the abundance of grass and splendor of the mighty Himalayan mountain peaks cradling the meadows. They described the place with such intensity that soon word about Dayara Bugyal reached explorers. When the explorers got back from their treks to Dayara, they came back profoundly affected. The meadows were exactly as the shepherds had described them – but only more beautiful. The mountains they talked about were the Bhagirathi peaks, Bandarpoonch, Black peak and scores of other peaks they could not name. They discovered clear water bodies strewn across the green meadows – in whose reflection the peaks looked even more beautiful. Flowers sprung up around streams and brooks that ran across the meadows.
Dayara Bugyal along with its twin Gidara Bugyal is perhaps one of the most beautiful alpine meadows in India. The meadows stretch out far and wide and all around the meadows are the many towering snow peaks. The trek showcases some of the best scenery the Himalayas have to offer. The Bugyals and the sky around with their ever changing hue can show you a new scenery every season of the year. During winter it provides excellent & one of the best ski slopes in India spread over an area of 28 sq kms.
- Experience walking over the lush green expanse of Dayara and Gidara Bugyal
- Relax and spend some peaceful time by camping on the Barnala Tal lakeside
- A chance of coming across wildlife, while trekking through the oak and pine tree forest trails.
- Catch sight of snow covered peaks like Bandarpooch (6,316 m), Bhagirathi (6921 m) and Black Peak (2,734 m) and other Himalayan peaks.
Day 1:- Dehradun to Barsu 200kms drive
Day 2:- Barsu to Dayara Bugyal (3350 mts) 7hrs trek
Day 3:- Dayara Bugyal to Patanatuna (3500 mts) 6hrs trek
Day 4:- Patanatuna - Gidara(3750 mts) 4 hrs trek & Return to Patanatuna
Day 5:- Patanatuna to Barnala - 5hrs descent
Day 6:- Barnala - Barsu 2hrs trek & drive to Dehradun
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.) (Egg)
- Trek equipments.
- First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
- Qualified & experienced Professional trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
- Transport from Dehradun and return.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
In the event of cancellation of trek/adventure activity services due to any avoidable / unavoidable reasons we must be notified of the same in writing. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice in writing, and cancellation charges would be as follows: -
- Up to 25 Days: 90% of Trek/adventure program cost will be refunded.
- Between 10-25 Days: 60% of Trek/adventure program cost will be refund.
- Less than 10 Days: No refund
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.