Vaitarna River Rafting
Get ready for a thrilling 2-hour white water rafting experience in the Vaitarna River! Just few hours from Mumbai.
Located just 110 kms from Mumbai Vaitarna is the closest river rafting site near Mumbai. A rafting trail that starts at Savarkut Village and ends aty Dhapura is approximately 11 kms long in which upto 14 rapids are negotiated. Vaitarna is a dam controlled river and currently the only river in Maharashtra in which the dam releases water twice in a day enabling two batches of rafting trips one at 9.00 am and 2nd batch at 2:15 pm.
The dam-controlled river offers fascinating rapids for an electrifying experience as you raft through the river.
You can also indulge in many optional activities such as rappelling, valley crossing, Archery, Kayaking, Waterfall Rappelling, Flying fox etc.
- White water rafting,cliff jumping and river swimming
- Transportation to/From Rafting point in a jeep safari of 5 km.
Ideal for: Groups, Family, Tourists
Where: Vaitarna River (Near Kasara)
When: All days of the week at 8 am
Duration: 2 hours
120 km drive on Mumbai - Nasik Highway to Shirol, Then take left turn and drive 10 km to Dhapura Village ( Our Rafting Reporting Place )
100 km drive to Karjat ( via khapoli ) then 80 km drive to Shahapur ( via Murbad ) and drive 30 km on Nasik Highway to Shirole , Then take left turn and drive 10 km to Dhapura Village ( Our Rafting Reporting Place Nearest railway station is Umbarmalli which is 15 kms from the site.
From the highway to Dhapura Village transportation can be arranged by the vendor.The mode of transport will be a jeep which will cost Rs 800 for 5-7 persons.The jeep safari will be closed in the monsoons.There is another route
Things To Carry:
- An extra pair of clothes and towels.
- Rubber slippers or sandals
- Sunscreen lotion or any similar lotion
- Sunglasses or swimming goggles, if necessary
- You can carry your mobile phones/cameras as guides have a dry bag while rafting (at your own risk).
Things Not to Carry:
- Do not carry any expensive jewelry.
- Expensive watches and other such valuables with you on this rafting trip.
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Khodala-Take Harsha Rd, Wakadpada, Maharashtra 401604