3 Days Guided Tour to Buddha's Spiritual home Bodhgaya, Rajgir & Nalanda
Bodhgaya, Rajgir and Nalanda Guided tour In a comfortable Sedan or SUV car with experienced driver and professional guide
- Mahabodhi Temple at Bodhgaya, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Vishwa Shanti Stupa at Rajgir, one of the 80 Peace Pagodas around the world.
- Nalanda – The Oldest University in the world, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Bodhgaya is the place of the Buddha's Enlightenment and spiritual home of Buddhists. It attracts many believers from all over the world. Bodhgaya situated near the river Niranjana is one of the holiest Buddhist pilgrimage centres and in the second place of the four holy sites in Buddhism. Rajgir is a site of great sanctity and significance for Buddhists. Rajgir is an important Buddhist pilgrimage site since the Buddha spent 12 years here and the first Buddhist council after the Buddha was hosted here at the Saptaparni cavesNalanda which is 14 km drive and it was one of the oldest Universities of the World and International Centre for Buddhist Studies.
Day 1: Bodhgaya
- On the first day, you will be picked up from Bodhgaya hotel at your preferred chosen time, after a short meet and greet, you will be starting this wonderful journey.
- Bodhgaya is the place of the Buddha's enlightenment and spiritual home of Buddhists. It attracts many believers from all over the world.
- Bodhgaya situated near the river Niranjana is one of the holiest Buddhist pilgrimage centres and in the second place of the four holy sites in Buddhism.
- You will undertake an afternoon sightseeing tour of Bodhgaya visiting the Mahabodhi Temple - the temple which is named after the Buddha, is a sacred place for the Buddhists in Bodh Gaya.
- Next up visit the Mahabodhi tree - The tree is considered holy since Lord Buddha attained enlightenment under it.
- Also, you will be visiting monasteries established by the authorities of many Southeast Asian countries and the Archaeological Museum.
- After a days tour you will be dropped back at your overnight stay in Bodhgaya.
Day 2: Bodhgaya - Rajgir - Nalanda - Bodhgaya
- On day 2, after breakfast at the hotel, proceed for the excursion to Rajgir (102 km), Rajgir is a site of great sanctity and significance for Buddhists.
- In the afternoon visit Gridhkutta Hill, Bimbisar Jail & Ajatashatru's Fort. You will have a quick lunch after the tour of the mentioned places.
- Post lunch you will be driven to Nalanda (12 km). It was one of the oldest universities of the World & International Centre for Buddist studies. Nalanda was one of the greatest monastic universities, established in 5th century BC.
- It is believed that Lord Buddha and also the founder of Jainism Lord Mahavir taught at this university for years. There is even a monument to facilitate Chinese traveller monk and writer Hiuen Tsang who studied at this university in the 7th century A.D.
- After the completion of the tour, you will be driven back to Bodhgaya and will stay overnight at your hotel in Bodhgaya.
Day 3: Bodhgaya
- After breakfast proceed to visit the Sujata Village (Senani Village).
- This Buddhist site marks the location where the young maiden, Sujata offered the rice milk bowl and ended Sakyamuni’s hard asceticism.
- This incident also inspired him to walk on a ‘Middle Path’ in every front of life, such is the glory of Sujata Village.
- In this village, you have the exact site where he received the offering and it is marked by a Sujata Temple and an 80 feet statue.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped at your desired location for your onward journey.
- Transportation charges as per the itinerary.
- Tolls & Parking charges
- Services of professional guide
- Driver & guide food & accomodation
- Driver Allowance and Parking fees.
- Monument entrance charges.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Mahabodhi Temple Road is a no vehicle zone. The guest will have to walk or take e-rickshaw.
- The guests are requested to bring the following during the tour - Camera and its accessories to you enjoy photography, sunglasses, sunscreen and umbrella (in case of rainy season or summers).
- Please carry your valid photo identity card.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Arya Complex near Thai Temple, Bodh Gaya, 824231.
- The contact number and other details of the tour operator are shared in the booking voucher, sent to you via email after booking.
₹ 18850 Per Vehicle
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.