Wellness Retreat: In the Himalayas
“ Alchemical healing” is based on the principle of alchemy ( a simple process of transforming lead into gold). It is a process by which each of us moves from our state of primal unconsciousness through various alchemical stages ( represented by our experiences ) to the realisation of full awakening. This journey embarks on a path taking one deep within oneself to discover the hidden treasures that each one of us has been blessed with. Healing is a beautiful process , an incredible journey of getting in touch with our own divinity, realising that deep down, all things are just ONE.
Chopta, popularly referred to as the Mini-Switzerland of India because of its undulating green meadows (carpets of snow in winter!!) and a breath taking view of the majestic Himalayan peaks. Camping here is a totally enjoyable experience. From here we will trek up to the Tungnath temple, which at an altitude of 3680m is the highest Shiva shrine in the world. All along the route, in addition to the abundant flora and fauna, one gets wonderful views of the Himalayan giants including Bandarpoonch, Kedar, Chaukhamba peak and many more. From Tungnath you can trek up a further 1 kms to the summit of Chandrashilla peak at about 4000 m. The 180 degree view of the snow-capped peaks and the underlying valleys all around make this trek well worth it.
- Arrive at Rishikesh. (Overnight stay in Beach camp at Rishikesh)
- A formal introduction amongst participants and some life sharing.
- Standing circle meditation in the Ganga waters ( helping us start building a bond and a circle of trust with each other and Mother nature )
- Introduction to “Alchemical healing”.
Drive from Rishikesh to Sari – 4hrs: You will, for most part of the journey drive along the Ganga & Alaknanda River before turning into the Mandakini valley. Enroute you will be crossing the holy towns of Devprayag and Rudraprayag.
Trek from Sari to Deorital – 2hrs: Trek to Deoriatal is a gradual uphill all the way up to the beautiful lake of Deoriatal. Don’t miss the sunset view of the Chaukhamba peak. Deoriatal tal is surrounded by dense temperate forest and greater Himalayas seems just in hand distance.
- Listing of fears, insecurities that you may want to release. (this could be any situation , memories of lost loves , any aspect of our own selves that we may want to come to peace with)
- Healing by painting out negative energy to release the same. (This will begin with a guided meditation then move onto actual painting. This experience of painting in nature is transformational by itself)
- Forgiveness meditation (forgive to free yourself)
Deoriatal (2438m) to Chopta (3000m) Trek 5 hrs: Today you will encounter a mixed forest having oaks, pines, rhododendrons and a few more local varieties through-out the day. Also we start getting views of other snow-capped Himalayan peaks. (For those who cannot trek, we will provide the option of driving from Deorital to Chopta)
Chopta - Widespread meadows of about 50 km. Gangotri greater Himalayan range just In front of you. The evergreen forest of Chopta seems different in every season.
- Basic introduction to the 5 elements and creating the “Sacred altar”. (this involves actually collecting small tokens from nature that you can revere , which can connect you to being who you are)
- Animal spirit guide meditation (a simple guided meditation that will connect us to the spirit of our animal guide, detailed discussion on what various animal spirits stand for)
- Meditation to connect with a lost ancestor or loved one.
Chopta – Tungnath (3400m) trek 2hrs: The climb is demanding but short and extremely scenic. It will take about 02 hours to reach Tungnath temple. Religious or non-religious does not matter; just sit by yourself for a few minutes in the courtyard of the temple with eyes closed you will feel the positive vibrations.
- An in-depth detailed workshop on chakras (chakras are energy vortices present in our energy system, associated with the major glands, regulating all from our moods to what we manifest in our lives) their function and how they affect our lives.(in depth discussion of the 7 major chakras)
- Emotional release and letting-go. (issues relating to the 7 chakras)
- Be YOUR OWN HERO – story telling
- Post the session, 01hr walk back to base camp at Chopta. Overnight in Tents.
Day 5: Rest Day
- Practice of the 5 ancient Tibetan rites and its benefits (stretches helpful to open up the energy system , make the body strong and increase focus)
- In-depth workshop on the 5 elements and self-initiation using the elements to activate the “Healer” within. (learn how to be a healer)
- Community healing. (a hands-on group healing session towards a natural disaster)
- Healing a loved one.
- Painting the positive in life (a painting session to visualize your dreams in life)
- Full moon release ceremony
- General discussion
- (healing workshop ends)
Day 6: Drive to Rishikesh, followed by a session of rafting (optional). Trip ends here.
- Transport from Haridwar and return
- Accommodation at retreat
- Meals (Veg.)
- First aid medical kits
- Qualified & experienced Gurus
- Any personal expenditure (Toiletries, medicines, etc.)
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Cost Includes".
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India