The Silk Route - Leh - Pangong - Khardung La - Nubra Valley
This 06 Days and 05 Nights Ladakh itinerary is specially designed to give you glimpses of Ladakh through right from monasteries like Shey, Thiksey and Hemis to the absolute heavenly sights like scenic Pangong Lake. Explore Khardung La, the highest motor-able road around the globe.
Cab: XYLO | INNOVA
Hotels: Delux/3 Star
- Sightseeing in Leh including Shanti Stupa, Magnetic Hill
- A day’s excursion to Pangong lake
- Shopping at local markets at Leh
- Visit to Pather Sahib, a Sikh religious site and Khardung La and Nubra Valley
- Explore Leh palaces and monastries including Thiksey and Spituk Visit to Shey Palace
Day 1: Upon arrival you will met by our representative and transfer to Hotel for Check in. Complete day for rest and leisure to acclimatize followed by Welcome tea or Coffee at the Hotel. Evening Visit to Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa & Leh Market. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 2: After breakfast drive towards western part of Ladakh along the Indus River on Leh-Srinagar highway. And start sightseeing with Hall of Fame (Museum founded by India Army) near Leh and proceed further to Gurudwara Patthar Sahib founded in 15th century. Drive ahead another 5 km for Magnetic Hill which defies the law of gravity. Driving further through a picturesque landscape we reach the confluence of the Indus and Zanskar River. We drive back to Leh enroute visiting 11th century Spituk Monastery. Overnight at hotel in Leh
Day 3: After breakfast we drive to Nubra Valley. The road journey from Leh to Nubra Valley passes over Khardung La (The Highest Motorable Road In The World) at 5,602 Mtrs / 18,380 ft, around 39 km from Leh.
Upon arrival in Nubra we check in at our Camp / Hotel in Hunder for Overnight stay. In the evening you can walk around the tiny villages to see how the locals live in this part of the world. A visit to a Ladakhi home can be arranged. Overnight Stay at the Camp or Hotel.
Day 4: After an early breakfast we check out from the Camp and drive to Hunder where you have opportunity to ride on a bacterian camel (double humped) amidst the sand dunes of this high altitude desert with snowcapped mountains on the horizon. Between Hunder and Diskit you come across sand dunes besides the road.
On the return stop at Diskit town of Nubra Valley and stroll around the bazaar observing the shops and local people going about their daily chores. Diskit is famous for 515 years old Buddhist Monastery, lying magnificently situated on a hilltop, facing the entire Valley.
Day 5: Full day trip, after early morning breakfast we leave for Pangong Lake through Changla pass (5,300 mtr, 17,586 ft). After 2 hrs of drive you reach to Changla pass, stop for a short period for photography. Drive ascending towards Pangong reach Tangtse where you can relax for a cup of tea/ coffee.
After spending some time at lake drive back to Leh via same route. Overnight at hotel.
Day 6: After early morning breakfast transfer to Domestic Airport to catch the flight for your onward Destination.
Fly back with the sweet memories of Ladakh
- 4 Nights accommodation at Leh
- 1 Nights Stay at Nubra Valley
- Daily bed tea, breakfast & dinner.
- Bothways Airport Transfers
- Sightseeing tours by Innova / Xylo as per program on point to point basis
- All Taxes
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.