Sunset Sailing in Goa
2 to 8 people
Sail out to sea in a boat powered only by the wind, catch a glorious sunset over the water, and return. Adventurous souls can take a swim in the deep sea. If you are lucky, you could spot a dolphin.
Reach Dona Paula at 5.00pm. After a short briefing, we motor out in a small boat to the sailing boats, get in, hoist the sails, cast off and get sailing by about 5.30pm. We sail out to sea, catch a glorious sunset over the water, and return. Take a swim in the deep sea, if you are inclined. If you are lucky, you could spot a dolphin.
Clients will be required to help the skipper while hoisting and lowering sails, as well as during the sail. The skipper’s decisions are final, and must be obeyed instantly and without questioning, in the interest of safety.
- Watch the sun set from a your seat at the bow of the impressive sailboat
- Go sailing with a knowledgeable skipper with experience sailing in the region
- Use of Sailing boat for up to four people
- Services of Skipper / guide
- Use of Life Jackets for safety
- Snack Pack
- Soft Drink
- Mineral Water
- Anything not in the included list
Clothes for sailing:
We recommend a tee shirt and shorts OR long sleeved shirt and long track pants if you get easily sunburned
Water shoes, canvas gym shoes or sandals with a strap at the back: Avoid flip flops and leather footwear
Our sailing boats are powered only by the wind. There’s no irritating throb of an engine, just the sound of the wind in the sails and the waves splashing. Sailing is relaxed and peaceful. There’s no need for speed. We go at the pace of the wind (which, sometimes though, can be really fast).
We offer two types of sailing boats:
(1) Seabird: Fast, 21-ft open gunther-rigged sailing boats with no cabin and no toilet. Capacity: 4
(2) Mini Cabin Cruiser: Somewhat slower 18-ft bermuda-rigged sailing boats with a cuddy cabin and marine toilet. Capacity: 4
These boats are equipped with life jackets for safety, have outboard motors (for use only in emergencies) and are handled by experienced and competent skippers. We operate out of Dona Paula, 8km from the Panaji Bus Stand.