The Phansad Wildlife Sanctuary is an amazing revelation. Primarily a bird sanctuary, Phansad is also home to a whole array of insects, amphibians and mammals. Spread across 52.71 sq. km., Phansad is located in the Murud and Roha talukas of Raigad District in Maharashtra.
Bike Ride to Phansad and Murud Janjira
Janjira is Marathi corruption of the Arabic word Jazirah, which means an island. The Janjira Fort was built by the rulers of the Ahmed Nagar under the patronage of emperor Malik Amber in the 15th century AD. The fort is build in the sea 2 km inside of Murud. This is one of the vital sea-forts in Maharashtra. It has strong walls 40 ft high and standing intact even after being battered by the sea waves from all four sides. the fort was never conquered by any enemy for over 350 years. Shivaji, Sambhaji and the Peshwas tried to take over the fort. But the Marathas, British or Portuguese could never capture Janjira.
- Date: 31st Dec 16 to 1st Jan 17
- Type: Bike Ride
- Route: Panvel – Pen – Alibaug – Kashid – Phansad – Murud and Back.
- Total Distance: 350 Kms approx.
The tour cost will be at actual; which means every participant will be charged only for his actual expenditure, plus 500 will be charged by Trek Mates India as organizing fees.
Day 1: Saturday, 31st Dec 16
- Meeting point: McD at Kalamboli (just before the starting of the expressway.) at 6.00 am
- Start riding by 6.30 am
- Breakfast at Wadkhal naka
- Visit Rameshwar temple >> Revdanda fort >> Korlai fort >> Kashid Beach till Sunset>> Phansad
- Tented accomodation in Phansad
Day 2: Sunday, 1st Jan 17
- Morning trail in the Jungle till 10
- visit Murud, Janjira fort,
- Have food at Patil’s Khanaval, Murud.
- Visit Alibaug beach if time permits.
- Reach Panvel approx by 9 pm
- The whole tour is on Actual. Which means the expense will be shared equally among the members as well as the leaders and coordinators.
- Operator will be charging Rs.500 per head as expertise charges.
- The approximate expense for the event will be Rs 3000/-
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 90% refund if cancellation is made more than 60 days prior to the date of departure date of the event.
- 75% refund if cancellation is made more than 45 days and less than 60 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- 50% refund if cancellation is made more than 30 days and less than 45 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- 25% refund if cancellation is made more than 15 days and less than 30 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- NO refund will be made if cancellation is made within 15 days prior to the departure date of the event.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.