Kayaking Excursion at Chorao Bird Sanctuary, Goa
Penha de Franca
Penha de Franca
1 to 12 people
Paddle through the Chorao wetlands — a mangrove wonderland.
Enjoy the tranquility of bird sanctuary in a quieter and environmentally responsible fashion. Quietly snake through the mangroves without scaring all the birds. Mangroves are comprised of very special trees adapted to brackish waters, with intricate root systems that provide crucial breeding grounds and habitats for all kinds of local fauna. Explore the calm waters inside of this habitat and rejuvenate your soul with raw beauty that surrounds you. The jumble of roots provides you a unique experience of Mother Nature.
We start from near a traditional sluice gate in the village of Penha de Franca and enter the Chorao Bird Sanctuary, a wetland with water birds and mangroves. Paddling along narrow channels, we make our way through the sanctuary, taking in the different mangrove species, watching birds and crabs, or just chilling. Then back to our starting point.
- 3-4 hour kayaking adventure in Chorao wetlands
- Get up-close views of a diverse array of birds and marine wildlife
- Capture spectacular sunset views while paddling in calm waters
- Use of Sit-on-Top Kayaks with paddle and backrest
- Group leader and guide
- Use of Life Jacket for safety
- Snack Pack
- Soft Drink
- Mineral Water
Please note: Activity start time may vary each day. Timings are dependent on high tide. Exact time will be communicated to you in advance. Appreciate your cooperation.
- Transport to and from starting/ending point
- Each client has to sign a waiver
- Anything not in the included list
Sun Screen lotion
If you wear spectacles, a strap to stop them from falling in the water
Clothes for kayaking
SOMETHING YOU WOULD BE COMFORTABLE GETTING WET IN: We recommend a tee shirt and shorts or long sleeved shirt and long track pants if you get easily sunburned
Change of clothes
Water shoes, canvas gym shoes or sandals with a strap at the back: Avoid leather footwear
- Same Day: 100% deducted
- Up to 24 hours prior to activity date: 75% deducted
- Over 48 hours prior to activity date: 50% deducted